Recruiting Football Talk VIII

YARN | We're gonna win! | A League of Their Own (1992) | Video gifs by  quotes | 0aeadf92 | 紗

No, keeping the schedule manageable is to our favor.
Get out of the SEC then. Alabama and Georgia play all comers. Our program was much better when we played marquee out of conference opponents, instead of the sisters of the poor we have played in recent years. Playing patsies is the reason I no longer go to games. Tired of paying good money to watch mostly directional schools.

I won't ever forget that run..I jumped up and hit my head on my brother in laws basement ceiling..lol.
It was symbolic (I guess that's what I'm looking for?...maybe ironic?) of the whole game, the whole week, the whole buildup and environment. All the talk, all week, over and over, was about Miami's speed, Miami's speed, Miami's speed. Well...

Jeff Powell showed everyone...speed.

Get out of the SEC then. Alabama and Georgia play all comers. Our program was much better when we played marquee out of conference opponents, instead of the sisters of the poor we have played in recent years. Playing patsies is the reason I no longer go to games. Tired of paying good money to watch mostly directional schools.
🧌 Glad a real fan got your seat.

Rant incoming:

These inflated ticket prices are the results of supply/demand, unnecessary fan experiences, and the "pAy ThE mAN whATeVer eH wANts!!" crowd. What ticks me off more than anything......no man needs that much money and all it does it make them want that much more of it. We've got a very special group of coaches but the salaryies are out of hand and no signs of stopping. There needs to be a salary cap in place for all coaches, college and pro. The fans (middle class/families) are getting priced out of the stadiums and it's happening in every sport. These "Taj Mahal" stadiums are also a huge part of the problem. The experience is cool but I'm most interested in the ballgame and the game has almost been pushed to the side. I believe that the skyboxes are all sold out and eventually it'll be the corporations that own the whole lower level...... and they ain't going to the ball games, especially the OOC games

End rant
I keep thinking at some point people are going to stop paying these prices but it hasn’t happened yet. Not just game tickets, everything.

July 31, 1917
The Battle of Passchendaele, also known as the Third Battle of Ypres, began on this day in 1917. It would last until November The battle took place on the Western Front in Belgium, in the Ypres salient, where the two armies had been at a stalemate for three years. The Allies' objectives were to capture the high ground around Ypres, a key rail junction, and advance on the German-occupied Belgian coast. The battle was known for its mud, blood, and futility, and resulted in heavy casualties for both sides.

The battle's conditions were horrifying for the soldiers. They huddled in waterlogged shell holes or became lost in the mudscape, unable to find the front line. The mud gummed up rifle barrels, making them difficult to fire, and swallowed up soldiers as they slept. However, the mud also saved lives, cushioning many shells that landed and preventing them from exploding.

Despite pushing back the defenders, the Allies failed to achieve their objectives, and the new British positions were precarious and had to be abandoned in spring 1918.

The battle resulted in an estimated 310,000 Allied casualties and 270,000 German casualties. The Allied casualties included: 275,000 total, 38,000 Australians, 5,300 New Zealanders, and More than 15,600 Canadians.

1722441968868.png

VN Store

Back