Recruiting Football Talk VIII

No, I don't think the safeties coach has anything to do with the interior Dline getting 5 yards of push every play. I don't think that has anything to do with Banks play calling, and I don't think he had very much to do with the recruitment of those guys either.

So, no.

That’s so fudging stupid. Who the f*** do you think is calling the defensive plays? This is a clown take. You’re saying there’s no scenario where you give the DC credit. Only hate when it goes bad.

Y'all gonna make me do this.

We have the best Dline and linebackers that we've had since the 90s. Are we really giving Banks significant credit for that? Willie?

That said, until I see evidence to the contrary I think McCoy is a damn player. Knowing they only have to cover for a couple of seconds tops has to be good for the confidence.
The LB’s aren’t the best since the 90’s. We had great defenses in the early 2000’s. Yes, if you criticized Banks then you have to give him credit for these games. He’s the guy who has been helping build this defense.

That’s so fudging stupid. Who the f*** do you think is calling the defensive plays? This is a clown take. You’re saying there’s no scenario where you give the DC credit. Only hate when it goes bad.
I'm not giving Banks a bunch of credit for Rodney Garner's unit. Sorry. If telling Tyre West to push the guard all the way to the endzone is in Banks play call then I take it all back.

Reactions: StoVol
No, I don't think the safeties coach has anything to do with the interior Dline getting 5 yards of push every play. I don't think that has anything to do with Banks play calling, and I don't think he had very much to do with the recruitment of those guys either.

So, no.
He… calls… the… plays…

I'm not giving Banks a bunch of credit for Rodney Garner's unit. Sorry. If telling Tyre West to push the guard all the way to the endzone is in Banks play call then I take it all back.

So in your world, how does the defensive coordinator ever get credit? If it’s not for the play of the defense

So, no.
That’s weird.

He deserves credit for building the whole thing.

VN Store

Back