Recruiting Football Talk VIII

So, last night's NCSU O and D gameplans kind of felt like the staffs got together and said: "We are going to lose. That's a given. How do we lose by the smallest margin?"

Middle of the first... "Oh, ****."

Middle of the third: "Oh well..."

After the game: "Well, I suspect we succeeded. That was the smallest margin we could have lost to those guys."

The schedule sets up perfectly this year.

We get another tune up before Oklahoma. Then a bye week before going to Fayetteville (while that will be their 6th game in a row).

Then we should absolutely whip Florida at home setting us up for an epic game vs Bama at Neyland. A Florida win will generate huge momentum vs Bama, but should the unthinkable happen vs the Gators, the team will be desperate for redemption vs the Tide. Either way, I think Bama will be entering a hornets nest.

Another bye week after that with only one tough game down the stretch @ UGA. No real trap games outside of Florida, but we will not overlook them even with Bama coming to town the next week.

As long as we take care of business against OU, we’ll be in firm position to grab a playoff spot and perhaps compete for a slot in the SEC title game.

I like the schedule too.

Personally I love it. Deion wanted to feature his son and he’s probably going to get him hurt. Hayden chased the money & hype and probably won’t hit 125 carries this season.
And Seaton now is in a toxic environment where he was forced to fight another player in the locker room and now his QB and coaches say his unit is terrible lol

I watched the game last night and for whatever reason we seemed “off” on offense. I’m not sure if it was us or just the defensive scheme they were playing.
But saying that we still put 51 points on the board😳
Man it’s feels so good having an offense and defense that just beats and beats on you till you crumble 👊🏻🧡🍊

Last edited:
So, last night's NCSU O and D gameplans kind of felt like the staffs got together and said: "We are going to lose. That's a given. How do we lose by the smallest margin?"

Middle of the first... "Oh, ****."

Middle of the third: "Oh well..."

After the game: "Well, I suspect we succeeded. That was the smallest margin we could have lost to those guys."
You could tell they were determined to not give up big plays in the passing game with how often they dropped 8 into coverage. They were probably hoping our offense would have to sustain long drives and that it would force our young QB to get impatient. That was a plan to shorten the game and hope it stays within reach in the 4th quarter.

I took out a boomerang yesterday and threw it as far as I could.........I couldn't follow it and didn't remember what the big deal was.

Then it hit me.............. :confused:
You think Caleb Williams throws for 250 with 2 TD's and a pick today vs Titans?

September 8, 1960
Wilma Rudolph was once told she would never be able to walk again... but she proved everyone wrong.

Rudolph's childhood wasn't easy.

Born prematurely on 23 June 1940 near Clarksville, Tennessee, she was the 20th child of 22 and fought pneumonia, scarlet fever and polio in her youth, with the later temporarily paralysing her left leg and requiring her wear a brace.

Seeking medical treatment, Rudolph's mother drove to Nashville - a 100 mile (160.9km) round-trip - every week, for two years. Back at home, family members would often take turns massaging her leg multiple times a day.

Rudolph made slow progress, but stunned her doctors as she started to walk unassisted by the time she was 12.

Following in her older sisters footsteps, Rudolph decided to join the junior high school basketball team.

At the start, she didn't play a single game and sat on the bench. But Rudolph wasn't deterred, and after three years of training became a starting guard for her high school. She excelled in the role, and eventually led her team to a state championship. It was during her basketball ventures that she caught the eye of Ed Temple - considered a women's track and field pioneer - who was coaching the track team at Tennessee State University.

After being invited to attend a summer camp by Temple, Rudolph undertook a year of rigorous training and managed to qualify for the US Olympic Track and Field Team for the Melbourne Olympic Games in 1956.
She was the youngest member of the United States team at just 16, but came away with a bronze medal in the 4x100m relay.

However, it was four years later, at Rome 1960, where Rudolph etched her name into the history books. The Games themselves were the first to be televised, but nobody could have predicted what they were about to witness. In the space of eight days Rudolph would run nine races.

In the 100m semi-final, Rudolph tied the world record by clocking 11.3 seconds, before going on to win gold in the final with a time of 11.0 seconds (an illegal tailwind prevent this from becoming a world-record run).

Three days later, the 20-year-old claimed another gold medal - and an official world record - in the 200m.

But her most important race came on 8 September, 1960, in the 4x100m relay.

The team broke a world record in the semi-final and hopes were high that Team USA - consisting of Barbara Jones, Lucinda Williams, Martha Hudson and Rudolph - would win gold despite the blistering heat in Rome (43°C).

Rudolph nearly dropped the baton, but determined to win the race - to pay tribute to her inspiration Jesse Owens - she overtook the United Team of Germany to win in a close finish.

In doing so, Rudolph made history as she became the first American woman to win three track and field gold medals at a single Games.
1725813414536.png

Going to college in Clarksville and getting the privilege to coach at Tennessee St, I have heard more amazing stories about this amazing woman. I wish I could have met her,

VN Store

Back