Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think the turnovers would be the only reason ya grade the offensive performance a B.

NC State was playing a defense designed to eliminate big plays in the passing game and we never really got into our tempo enough to tire them out. But most teams would be thrilled with 5 TDs and 450+ total yards, even with 2 INTs

Drop from what? Preseason guesses? That's the danger of preseason rankings, they're not based on this season performance, but people are reluctant to change the preseason guesses even when this season performance doesn't support it.

Miami has shown more this season than ole miss.l and Ohio state. You shouldn't drop ole miss or Ohio state, but I do think they should drop because Miami passes them and we pass them. I prefer to base it on this season more than last season. Don't ignore last season, but preseason guesses should hold much less weight than performance and resume this season. That approach will balance out as good teams play other good teams as the season goes on, but keeping someone high despite someone else having a better resume so far is a bad precedent.
Drop from the current rankings. Which, I agree is flawed.

I wish they didn't do any rankings until like Week 4 but here we are.

How is Mizzou no.6? I guess because they only play two good teams? Their schedule is weak and don't play anyone until end of Oct or Nov.
I’m hoping Bill O’Brien pulls off the shocker next week. Of course BC has to play at mighty and intensely intimidating Faurot Field so who can say? I bet even NIU would struggle there.

Seeing some highlights of some teams I think there are 5 teams that have the offense and defense to win a playoff game.

Tejas
UGA
OSU
Vols
Ole Miss
Ole miss hasn't played anyone yet so we can't say what they have yet. Especially since Kiffin has be stat stuffing by keeping his starters in

VN Store

Back