Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I don't take that as an insult. I think he's just saying it could have been even better. I think coach H and Nico would agree as they pretty much said that post game. In addition, I don't think we've shown a lot of more complicated plays to this point. Still a lot of ammo in the range bag.
I do..it is taking away from the curb-stomping that they administered. It is stupid nitpicking and it aggravates the piss out of me.

And that is exactly what Heup and Nico are always going to say, they are wired to be perfectionists like that...thank goodness.

Hanging 44 and 460 on a sound defense is never pedestrian..and too say that is ridiculous.

RE Pearce

sometimes you put your bishop in a position to stay clean and allow your knight to make the move

Last night our bishop let the entire board make moves
Pearce will get more sacks when we play teams that are brave enough to attempt more slow developing plays.

It's just everyone is dominating up front it's nuts.

I don't take that as an insult. I think he's just saying it could have been even better. I think coach H and Nico would agree as they pretty much said that post game. In addition, I don't think we've shown a lot of more complicated plays to this point. Still a lot of ammo in the range bag.
OIP.Q7t7KdYnQP3nNzoC7mhLEQAAAA

OGC.5e4afc792dca2b82d4e5bb9145692dc5

OGC.c7ca5781f5f32e43de574a47f25f46f6

OGC.0a5d17edf730f55e242a2b0728dcf82c

The scary/awesome thing is we made plenty of mistakes and dumb penalties we can and will clean up. Heupel’s scheming is pure magic. If we play our brand of physical football we are really going to give that solid OU defense some real problems. You know Heupel will have some magic dialed up for Venables too.
For those who took umbrage to the C- grading, this is what they were saying, folks. It's a compliment. "This was basically a C- compared to what we know it can/will be."

This offense put up HUGE #s against a top 25 team while looking notably less effective than we've seen it be already. Imagine what it'll do when it's hitting, as we know it will.

Several of us have been saying the same thing since last night, and it is no insult. It's a compliment.

I do..it is taking away from the curb-stomping that they administered. It is stupid nitpicking and it aggravates the piss out of me.

And that is exactly what Heup and Nico are always going to say, they are wired to be perfectionists like that...thank goodness.

Hanging 44 and 460 on a sound defense is never pedestrian..and too say that is ridiculous.
We'll just have to disagree. I think there's much more to these Vols than what we witnessed last night beat down or not. I thought it was very workman like, very pedestrian if you want to use that word. There's a lot left on the table.

For those who took umbrage to the C- grading, this is what they were saying, folks. It's a compliment. "This was basically a C- compared to what we know it can/will be."

This offense put up HUGE #s against a top 25 team while looking notably less effective than we've seen it be already. Imagine what it'll do when it's hitting, as we know it will.

Several of us have been saying the same thing since last night, and it is no insult. It's a compliment.
That's more or less how I interpreted it. We went "pedestrian" most of the game with 12 personnel. Dialed up some brilliant play calls in key moments and executed them. We didn't have to get fancy most of the game though. We just bullied them and manhandled the game. Most of the second half looked like we were playing a scrimmage in a mostly-empty Neyland.

State forced us to play underneath and run the ball and we did. We just out-executed them 8/10 plays.

VN Store

Back