Recruiting Football Talk VIII

For those who took umbrage to the C- grading, this is what they were saying, folks. It's a compliment. "This was basically a C- compared to what we know it can/will be."

This offense put up HUGE #s against a top 25 team while looking notably less effective than we've seen it be already. Imagine what it'll do when it's hitting, as we know it will.

Several of us have been saying the same thing since last night, and it is no insult. It's a compliment.
I actually watched his video..he was nitpicking...it is one thing to say "Wow...this team just annihilated a good defense...and it could have been even worse if everybody played perfect!"

What EC was doing in his postgame was saying the offense looked mediocre...it absolutely did not...no ifs ands or buts.

Good Lord. Brad Crawford at 247 did his bowl projections. He has Clemson meeting UT in the first round of the playoff and Clemson beating UT in Knoxville…

If there is a playoff game in Knoxville, Tennessee is winning.
That means Crawford thinks the ACC gets two bids, with Clemson either losing the ACC championship with 2 losses, or losing another in-season game and not making the championship game but getting in. Because if Clemson is an autobid ACC champ they would host.

I don't think the ACC is earning 2 bids though. Clemson has a cupcake schedule. Their toughest games (NC State, Louisville) are at home. If they drop another game they have no chance of earning a quality win.

Compare Clemson's ABSOLUTELY EMBARASSING schedule to Louisville's. Clemson currently has 2 ranked opponents - Georgia (neutral) and Louisville. Louisville has to play - at Notre Dame, Miami, at Boston College, and at Clemson.

Miami also has a weak schedule, with their only ranked opponent being at Louisville. Crazy how the ACC managed to cupcake the heck out of their golden teams.

If Louisville navigates that minefield with only 1 or 2 ranked road losses, then I could see them sliding in the last spot with either Miami or Clemson (whoever wins the ACC) getting the autobid. But you can't reward those weak schedules.

For those who took umbrage to the C- grading, this is what they were saying, folks. It's a compliment. "This was basically a C- compared to what we know it can/will be."

This offense put up HUGE #s against a top 25 team while looking notably less effective than we've seen it be already. Imagine what it'll do when it's hitting, as we know it will.

Several of us have been saying the same thing since last night, and it is no insult. It's a compliment.
You're saying throwing 44 and 450 at a good defense was mediocre...a C is the epitome of mediocre..that is an insult.

The only way that is a C performance is if you only grade it against the nearly perfect games this offense is capable of throwing up sometimes, but it is wrong..in my opinion..to grade it against itself at it's well oiled best (example Bama 22) It should be graded for what it actually accomplished...absolutely brutally double tapping a very sound defense.

If by chance Seldon has to shut it down for the season, the RB department will be just fine with Sampson, Bishop, Keith and need be Lewis.

No need to rush Seldon back into action.

It’s just concerning if it’s indeed another shoulder thing for Seldon. That kind of stuff can mess with a career.

Last night was fun. Sang a lot of Rocky Top...

In this cjh era of up tempo offense, stud qbs and wrs, that game was dictated by both lines and an absolute commitment to running the ball.

Loved the TEs last night.
Sampson is that dude.
Thought bishop played well.

Scary part, there was some sloppiness last night with penalties, turnovers, misses in the pissing game to wrs.... And we still dominated. And they'll just get better as the season goes on.

This is a very good team that has the opportunity to be great.

Nothing I saw slowed my excitement level... GBO🍊

Boston College is in prime position to make a playoff bid this season. They caught everyone's attention with that road win over FSU. This coming Saturday they've drawn an 11:45CT kickoff at #6 Mizzou. If they upset Mizzou, they will play one more currently-ranked team: Hosting Louisville Oct 25th, though Syracuse might be ranked later. BC will show who they are on Saturday. Win that and you've got the ACC by the cajones.

Boston College might earn an ACC Championship game bid and be undefeated.

Last night was fun. Sang a lot of Rocky Top...

In this cjh era of up tempo offense, stud qbs and wrs, that game was dictated by both lines and an absolute commitment to running the ball.

Loved the TEs last night.
Sampson is that dude.
Thought bishop played well.

Scary part, there was some sloppiness last night with penalties, turnovers, misses in the pissing game to wrs.... And we still dominated. And they'll just get better as the season goes on.

This is a very good team that has the opportunity to be great.

Nothing I saw slowed my excitement level... GBO🍊
I didn't even notice the pissing game. I could compete for a starting role.

So what’s up with Pearce? He’s been a little more MIA than I figured he’d be so far. Playing cautious because of the draft? Just drawing so much attention from the OL? Or is CJH limiting reps until we need him for SEC play?
@TN-POSSUM a scent of large circumambulating ground-feeding birds imo emitted from the first three sentences.

Last edited:
You're saying throwing 44 and 450 at a good defense was mediocre...a C is the epitome of mediocre..that is an insult.

The only way that is a C performance is if you only grade it against the nearly perfect games this offense is capable of throwing up sometimes, but it is wrong..in my opinion..to grade it against itself at it's well oiled best (example Bama 22) It should be graded for what it actually accomplished...absolutely brutally double tapping a very sound defense.
TLDR

Also, a C grade is a 70, which is compared to... 100.

Otherwise, you are welcome to your opinion. Write a sternly, yet scantily worded letter to them to tell them what to grade them against.

VN Store

Back