Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I don't think there is any more to see. We've known his flaws for years now and he hasn't corrected them, even a little.
Dec 11, 2023 during the 4th quarter of the game against Miami, the Titans went down 20-13. The first play after Miami's TD, with 5 min left, Levis fumbled the snap and gave the ball back to Miami. Who scored to take a 27-13 lead with 4:30 left.

The Titans went on to miraculously win that game, but after the fumble I texted someone: "In his short career, Will Levis has done exactly what he did at Kentucky. He will keep you in a game, but he will make a handful of boneheaded decisions every game. Clockwork. It cost Kentucky a lot of games."

Obviously, I had to eat my words that night, but I actually wasn't wrong. The comeback was miraculous, but shouldn't have been needed. He made a mental error to turn the ball over in crunch time. Just like he always does. He did the same thing today.

Not sure they need to "sandbag"
QB play will take care of that.

I was 100% wrong on Levis. I really thought he'd be really good.

I'll own it! ,

Levis clutch rating is like a 6/99.

He’s got all the tools to be good so there’s still a chance. Well except for a missing clutch gene. But he’s far from the only one who lacks that.

Dec 11, 2023 during the 4th quarter of the game against Miami, the Titans went down 20-13. The first play after Miami's TD, with 5 min left, Levis fumbled the snap and gave the ball back to Miami. Who scored to take a 27-13 lead with 4:30 left.

The Titans went on to miraculously win that game, but after the fumble I texted someone: "In his short career, Will Levis has done exactly what he did at Kentucky. He will keep you in a game, but he will make a handful of boneheaded decisions every game. Clockwork. It cost Kentucky a lot of games."

Obviously, I had to eat my words that night, but I actually wasn't wrong. The comeback was miraculous, but shouldn't have been needed. He made a mental error to turn the ball over in crunch time. Just like he always does. He did the same thing today.
I remember him choking bad a few times in the red zone vs ole miss it think. That's the first I noticed it, but he does it without fail, almost every game. Sometimes it doesn't cost them the game, but sometimes it does. You just can't have a QB that will cost you drives/points every game.

In Levis' 9-start career with the Titans he has given up 34pts on turnovers with 2 final drive turnovers to lose the game. He averages spotting the opponent 3.7pts per game. He is 3-6 in those starts. He has 1 game with a game-winning TD in the final 2 minutes (Miami last year) but no walk-off wins despite 4 single-score losses in those 9 games.

Exactly the trajectory of his Kentucky career.

In Levis' 9-start career with the Titans he has given up 34pts on turnovers with 2 final drive turnovers to lose the game. He averages spotting the opponent 3.7pts per game. He is 3-6 in those starts. He has 1 game with a game-winning TD in the final 2 minutes (Miami last year) but no walk-off wins despite 4 single-score losses in those 9 games.

Exactly the trajectory of his Kentucky career.
I think fans have been tricked by the people selling his "potential". They've glossed over his mistakes and pumped his success and potential. He hasn't gotten any better and people are starting to realize they were sold a lemon.

RIP you great man.

National day of mourning, or fighting. Store location choice.

i will stop by in the morning to pay my respects over an All Star.

VN Store

Back