Recruiting Football Talk VIII

This is correct. (Along with what I'll say next.)

The schematic things were to [1] stop the run with a light box (basically 3 down, 2 LBs) (5 on 5) and [2] drop 6 with instructions that no one was to get behind them, [3] "no matter what." That last phrase meant holding by gameplan whenever necessary, which was premised on [4] confidence that they wouldn't be flagged.

If you listen to the UGA guy's video on Vols-Okies (which, I think, Enki posted) what he is basically calling for is for the Okies to imitate UGA's plan. That compels him to talk up the size of the Okies' front 3 (not playing 4 down by design) and their 2 LBs devoted to run stop. Everything would depend on winning 5 on 5, so 6 could play pass and the safeties (relieved of run responsibilities!) not letting anyone behind them. But he picks Tennessee.

I think what NC State was doing was somewhat in imitation of GA. The book on us seems to be to try to do what GA did, but without all NFL guys. This thing of trying to force us into short throws is prolly something we'll have to get used to. I, for one, think Nico will have no problem being patient when patience is required.

I don't think they can stop us.
In 22, it was defending light in the box and then, on passing downs, giving CBs responsibility all the way down the field. They had help inside, but none over the top. UGA used the route rules of UT to force deep reads, all while bringing edge pressure.

The refs called holding all day in ‘22, but it wasn’t on deep routes. All the holds were in breaking routes.

@drvenner

If anyone has any "Bowling" jokes...............

Spare me.
Woman Bowling Fail | Best Funny Gifs Updated Daily

Everyone will try to duplicate UGA to stop our offense, but we now have a stable of TEs that we have not had in the past. This changes our run game and pass game. Chess not checkers
Right. Heup's offense constantly evolves. And recruiting keeps getting better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange_Crush

VN Store

Back