Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Uncut Gems a couple nights ago. It was really good. Saw Netflix movie Spencer Confidential last week. Really enjoyed it too.
I thought Uncut Gens was awful. Sandler’s chaotic screaming throughout the movie was too much for my taste. The ending was crazy but found myself annoyed during most of it.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
Tombstone
A Perfect World
Unforgiven
Les Miserables (Liam Neeson)
The War

For some classic late 90’s cinema, which was the best, IMO

Friday nigh we watched the original The Getaway with Steve McQueen,
Saturday night watched Suicide Kings,
last night Last Of The Mohicans,
and my lady friend won't be here tonight so am going to watch Zulu.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
You should love it. Tom Hanks at his most powerful, Paul Newman’s last performance but left us not missing a beat. Beautifully shot, great music score. I don’t watch many movies repeatedly anymore but this one gets dusted off from time to time.
Thought the guy opposite him did outstanding. Oscar worthy

Was thinking about this recently too. We have done so much implemention JiT and LEAN processes, it may have backfired during a complete anomaly such as this. Not that it makes it wrong and I don't expect companies to waste money having extra capacity and inventory going forward (without incentive or subsidy at least).

But the govt will either have to keep these resources in reserve, subsidize private to do so, or have a razor sharp plan on how to quickly produce it through a public-private partnership in times like this.
yeah, agree, and i'm not a fan of the subisidy option but we may not have a choice short term; as i think maybe the bigger issue is the capacity/ability to manufacture. discussed this a couple weeks ago about the China dependency, but there are some select industries that should always have a relatively significant maufacturing presence domestically for national security reasons....i mean it's good you've got some other industries willing to stop what they're doing, and make ventilators, masks, bed tables for hospitals etc.....there's plenty of precedents historically for that, and i expect we'll ultimately get what we need...just not as fast as we need it unfortunately.

but, that we have to depend on that happening is a bit problematic for obvious reasons...it's a reaction, not a built in plan for "what if".....with how much is automated today, and how fast orders can be made and processed, if we had manufacturers already here, production could have begun on the scale needed 2 or 3 weeks ago, and we'd already have the stuff ready for distribution if not already distributed....cause if there's one thing America can do....it's distribute!!! lol.

we have more warehousing and distribution capabilities than i bet the rest of the world combined..................so if we had to impose on an industry during a crisis like this, it wouldn't be manufacturing, it'd be on the one that could actually handle it the best....between Wal Mart, Home Depot, Amazon, Target and probably a dozen other 3rd party warehousing/distribution/logistics companies, we could get what you want, where you want, when you want.

to me, this falls in the "improve your weaknesses (domestic manufacturing), and accentuate your strengths (warehousing/distribution/logisitcs)" category, if i'm looking at from a lessons learned standpoint.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
You should love it. Tom Hanks at his most powerful, Paul Newman’s last performance but left us not missing a beat. Beautifully shot, great music score. I don’t watch many movies repeatedly anymore but this one gets dusted off from time to time.
Agreed. thanks for bringing that one up...that's a great movie. Jude Law is good in it too....creepy as hell....

Reactions: butchna
Did you include the alien vs. predator stuff?

The first two (Alien and Aliens) are masterpieces in their respective genres in my opinion.
No, I didn't get into the crossover stuff. I agree 1 and 2 are a level well above the rest. I was especially impressed with the visuals and cinematography in the 2nd one. I went in the order they were released:

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection
Prometheus
Alien: Covenant

I didn't know I would like 1 and 2 so much that I'd watch them all. It may have been more interesting to watch them in the chronological order within the universe:

Prometheus
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3

A guy that I work with just got back from a Mexico cruise last week. I sounded the alarms, did anyone listen, of course not.

Fast forward to today... He get a email stating that someone tested positive that was on the same cruise...

I for one haven’t been super worried about the whole deal until today. Ffs, this crap pisses me off!

Also the first movie I saw Daniel Craig in before 007.

And yes, a really good movie.

Check back in a week. At this fast rate hospitals will be overwhelmed
it wont' continue at this same rate. a) there have been measures put in place to slow the spread b) the initial rate is due to the influx of tests being made available the past 2-3 days. the inital bursts probably should be expected since that there was probably already a "known" population that was going to get tested as soon as tests became available. as they work thru that initial "known" group, it'll move in to new patient testing, and while the numbers will increase, the rate will go down. the gap will close between the "known" group, pre quarantine and the "new" group, post quarantine.

hospitals will stand a chance of not getting overwhelmed if patients that don't require hospitalization stay home like they're supposed to. not everyone that tests positive will need to be admitted to a hospital...that's an important distinction to make i think, and i don't hear many talking about it....it's almost presented that if you get a posititve test, you need to get in to the hospital...and that's just not 100% true for 100% of diagnoses. so that's an important step one on that front.

no doubt hospitals are gonna be busy as hell regardless. but being busy vs. overwhelmed to the point they can't function.....

it's not a foregone conclusion that is definitely going to happen......it's just a possibility, should the circumstances develop that could lead to it.

No, I didn't get into the crossover stuff. I agree 1 and 2 are a level well above the rest. I was especially impressed with the visuals and cinematography in the 2nd one. I went in the order they were released:

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Prometheus

I didn't know I would like 1 and 2 so much that I'd watch them all. It may have been more interesting to watch them in the chronological order within the universe:

Prometheus
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
I loved Prometheus, contrary to popular opinion. Alien and Aliens are still the best but Prometheus is #3 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back