Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? A media company signs contracts for ads with businesses. As those businesses lose money, they will cut back on ad spend. Advertising is the first thing to go when expenses must be cut.

My wife runs her own marketing business and her biggest client just cut ad spending by 60%.

No one wants to advertise bigly when there is no point in it.

Now...there may be more eyes on the TV, facebook/social media, than usual because of what's happening. Ironically, it just means those that advertise will get a discount and a good value (views per dollar) because not many need it right now. Any industry that relies on advertising to get by will be handing out ad space super cheap just to retain any revenue at all.
If you don't think media sells bad news for profit...dude you are blind. That is like a galactically accepted fundamental rule of the universe.

Last edited:
How so? A media company signs contracts for ads with businesses. As those businesses lose money, they will cut back on ad spend. Advertising is the first thing to go when expenses must be cut.

My wife runs her own marketing business and her biggest client just cut ad spending by 60%.

No one wants to advertise bigly when there is no point in it.

Now...there may be more eyes on the TV, facebook/social media, than usual because of what's happening. Ironically, it just means those that advertise will get a discount and a good value (views per dollar) because not many need it right now. Any industry that relies on advertising to get by will be handing out ad space super cheap just to retain any revenue at all.
especially when the current content has a shelf life...it can't be all corona all the time for ever....

so what are the gonna put on air? think about ESPN and CBS and the like that have shelled out hundreds of millions for the rights to show all these different sports....that aren't being played right now, and it's at least in question as to whehter or not they get back in gear this summer/fall...

i can only imagine the praying sessions at ESPN, CBS and FoxSports right now "please lord baby Jesus, don't cancel CFB or the NFL, Amen".....

If you don't think media sells bad news for profit...dude you are blind. That is like a galactically excepted fundamental rule of the universe.
it's not the selling that's at odds right now...i'm sure they are.

it's the ability to buy right now that is the problem.

either way, they'll want the ratings history as part of any future pitch.....so i get what you're saying.

If you don't think media sells bad news for profit...dude you are blind. That is like a galactically excepted fundamental rule of the universe.
Did I disagree with that?

I said this will not bring them more money because their corporate backers are in freefall, which is where their revenue is derived.

That was our discussion, whether it is "lucrative" for them. Selling bad news to get more viewers...typically yes...unless the bad news is for corporate America. That is biting the hand that feeds you.

You are saying they are airing non-truths/stretching the truth to gain profits. I am saying that makes zero sense in this context, if you look at their business model.

Last edited:
@Big Gucci Sosa name your top 5 stocks that you would dump your money into as of now.👀 so far I’ve invested into Ford and Boeing Im looking for 3 more to invest in.i seen you mentioned “Roku” in the past but I’m not familiar with them On a good buy or a bad buy regarding numbers.
Find a good software company that specializes in helping people work from home. That's gonna be golden going forward.
Clorox
Home delivery companies
P&G
Medical supply companies

How about a world where you lose everything you worked over 30 years for because everything was shut down for 3-4 months
Do you really believe the economy will never recover? The markets will rebound after the virus is under control. The world will not come to an end over this.

I’m not sure what they are closing. That essential activities to remain open list is rather lengthy.

I’m in Chattanooga and work for an engineering office. We did a “work from home” trial run today. All go back tomorrow unless the mayor says different.
We are looking at work from home options as well at my employer. We are considering things like multiple shifts and rotating people in and out on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

My wife and I are having quite the movie marathon. Have watched Gladiator, Braveheart, and Shawshank Redemption over the last 3 days. Might watch The Godfather tonight. She’s never seen any of these movies. What other classics should we watch?

The Miracle at South Bend

That show is crazy. Rednecks are everywhere. But I have to say, this is the first time I've ever seen redneck homosexuals. That tiger guy's husband looks like a meth addict living in a trailer in Alabama. They're out there shooting automatic weapons and living like rednecks, but they're gay. I've never seen that before lol

OK, I was going to check this out but now, don’t think so.

OK, I was going to check this out but now, don’t think so.
Yeah. I saw the picture for it and thought the tiger handler perspective would be cool, but that sounds like too much redneck shiz for me. I saw "in Alabama" and was out. I don't think anything good has ever come out of Alabama...except Tee Martin. Thanks, Bammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back