Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia was THE measuring stick game as others have mentioned.

On defense, we are clearly getting better, but we don't have the depth yet. The goal line stand was impressive, but then we got tired in the second half. We have to learn to defend the middle of the field much better.

On offense, we learned that while Georgia has the best defense in the country, our OL is not as good as advertised. I am a bit shocked that after three years, Pruitt and company has not developed anyone or found someone from JUCO or a transfer better than Jarrett Gaurantano.

It's a bit disheartening to see guys like Missouri's QB and Ole Miss QB come out of nowhere and play at a much higher level than our 5th year senior with much more talent around him. Can Shrout be that bad? We will never know unless Pruitt gives him a real chance.

Moving forward, the only way to solve our issues are to continue to recruit top 10 classes and find a real quarterback. The good news is, there's still plenty of season left to make an impact and impress enough recruits to do that.

If you think we're in a tier with Texas A&M and Auburn, then you still need a reality check.
Auburn is lucky to have won a single game this year. The refs bailed them out of the KY game and the Arkansas game. We also beat them head-to-head two years ago. The team recruiting composite has us as 14th and Auburn at 13th with out trash 2017 recruiting class dragging us down.

Either way, we'll play both programs in the coming weeks.

Agree, when the schedule came out this year the two teams that I was concerned with was Auburn and A&M. I’ll probably get grilled for this but I wrote off Bama, Georgia and Florida as losses. If we can go 7-3 this year will be huge IMO

If we go 7-3, Pruitt should be a strong COY candidate.

That said, with the JG albatross, a vastly underachieving OL, and a porous DEF, I’m expecting 6-4 at best.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
My wife has no idea who Gary is but she does know based on my dialogue with the tv that I do not like him. lol She'll be in the kitchen and hear me and be like, "who's Gary and why are you cussing him right now?"
No doubt it’s hard to tolerate his bias

Snap and clear fellas. We learned that we aren’t a top 3 team last Saturday. That’s ok, but we are a top 15 team, so let’s move on to UK. We beat the hell out of Mizzou who just beat LSU. It’s not always bad as it seems. Now we go and lose to UK then I will be firmly in the remove JG bandwagon. He played terrible in the second half but he was head and shoulders better in the 1st half than he was all last year. Take away fumbles and a pick, we were in that game. Snap and Clear. It’s time to listen to Ted lasso and be like a goldfish. Let’s go get this win and get to 3-1! GBO

Last edited:

I had what appeared to be a mountain lion sighting week before last from my car at about 60 yards out behind an empty building up against a meadow that runs about 1/2 a mile toward some forested mountains. Called Game and Fish. A mere sighting didn't evoke any extraordinary proceeding. The critter was ambling away from me. Haven't seen it since. Those lunges caught in this vid would be terrifying, no doubt. I am keeping an eye over my shoulder though, when I'm in the area.

If we go 7-3, Pruitt should be a strong COY candidate.

That said, with the JG albatross, a vastly underachieving OL, and a porous DEF, I’m expecting 6-4 at best.
Most likely man. But on the bright side we are progressing every year, maybe not as fast as we want. I do believe we will get there with Pruitt as HC. We all are disappointed with the qb situation but he’s brought us a long way.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back