Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most reasonable people have been on board with 2021 being the year to break through. The win streak and JG looking a little improved those first 2 games got everyone a little excited. But then to see the same old same old JG in the 2nd half vs UGA, and yet have no other QB on the roster ready to step in and roll, in year 3, is what has people upset. Sorry Weinke, but unless we see some QB development, we’re gonna have to cut you loose!

Yeah, they ran out of gas in 2018. Not sure if we can put that on coaching. They had, what, 60-something scholarship athletes that year?

Not sure. I just thought with Pruitt's defensive mind and with guys like Shy, Phillips, Taylor, Bituli, Warrior, etc. we would play a little better on defense against Mizzou and Vandy.

On another note, I had a big Bama acquaintance tell me today that they miss Pruitt on defense.

I’m excited about the praise Tamarion McDonald got by Pruitt.

I need more scrimmage nugs.

Also like that AP said we’ll do it again next Sunday after kensucky. Brilliant idea by the staff. Keep the young guys who aren’t playing engaged, help them develop, and maybe helps keep some of them from considering the transfer portal.

If you think we're in a tier with Texas A&M and Auburn, then you still need a reality check.

Texas A&M's losses last year were to the #1, #8, #1, #4 and #2 teams in the nation. Tennessee lost to Georgia State and BYU. We also squeaked out close wins against Kentucky, Missouri and Indiana.

Texas A&M also just beat Florida. Come talk to me about this comparison the next time UT beats Florida.

View attachment 313872

And the fact that you think that GS and BYU are relevant to the current state of Tennessee football tells me all I need to know about your viewpoint.

If you think we're in a tier with Texas A&M in Auburn, then you still need a reality check.

Texas A&M's losses last year were to the #1, #8, #1, #4 and #2 teams in the nation. Tennessee lost to Georgia State and BYU. We also squeaked out close wins against Kentucky, Missouri and Indiana.

Texas A&M also just beat Florida. Come talk to me about this comparison the next time UT beats Florida.

View attachment 313872

That's true, but who did they beat? We also beat USC and MSU. That leaves OM, Arkansas, and 3 cupcakes. Sure, we lost to Georgia State. But with regards to SEC play, we have been losing to 3 top 10 teams every year as well.

I would put A&M ahead of us for sure, but they have done nothing special in conference.

Most reasonable people have been on board with 2021 being the year to break through. The win streak and JG looking a little improved those first 2 games got everyone a little excited. But then to see the same old same old JG in the 2nd half vs UGA, and yet have no other QB on the roster ready to step in and roll, in year 3, is what has people upset. Sorry Weinke, but unless we see some QB development, we’re gonna have to cut you loose!

I don't know how people keep laying Saturday at JG's feet. He didn't play well, but our o-line, which should be top 5 in the nation, got absolutely manhandled in the run and pass.

And the fact that you think that GS and BYU are relevant to the current state of Tennessee football tells me all I need to know about your viewpoint.
Don't blame me for you being foolish enough to equate us to Texas A&M because we had the same record as them last year and this year. You don't even have to look at last year. Texas A&M just beat Florida.

If you think we're in a tier with Texas A&M and Auburn, then you still need a reality check.
If we indeed get to play those games as scheduled, time will tell who needs a "reality check".

IMHO....

1 Georgia
2 Bama
3 Gators
4 - 12 Take you pick
13-14 Cellar Dwellers....Candy and Gamecocks

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back