Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, had Butch been retained, that his final class would have ended up higher than where Pruitt got it.

Now, I wouldn't argue it would have been a *better* class, because Butch was recruiting some star heavy but hollow classes, but I think he would have turned it around.
It had already sunk well before his firing. It would have been the worst class in recent memory. I think one of Fulmer’s was in the 30’s? It had been bumped up with Adrian Martinez and Cade Mays. Martinez would always have flipped to Nebraska because of his relationship with Frost and Mays had already decommitted. Underrated salvage job for that class from Pruitt and Fulmer for whatever that’s worth.

It had already sunk well before his firing. It would have been the worst class in recent memory. I think one of Fulmer’s was in the 30’s? It had been bumped up with Adrian Martinez and Cade Mays. Martinez would always have flipped to Nebraska because of his relationship with Frost and Mays had already decommitted. Underrated salvage job for that class from Pruitt and Fulmer for whatever that’s worth.

Phenix alone might have saved butch

I feel like I'm in the minority, but the Freeze speculation talk is annoying to me. I don't see it happening, certainly not this year. Next year a poor record should result in a change, and Fulmer would be forced to make a change. But COVID year 2020, nope not happening. Don't even like to entertain the thought of a change.
Before the season, errybody thought errybody got a pass...asterisk...whatevs. I’m not a fan of “I told you so’s” but I did. When all things are relatively equal? You gotta show a pulse...we haven’t. Fulmer’s a stubborn man and that can be a benefit...or a hindrance. Need to hope he avails himself of his vast network of sounding boards to make the best decision.

I think what TOS was referring to is that he has a very shady background and that the negative recruiting would work against him when talking to parents, etc.
"Look here kid, Freeze over there at Tennessee has been caught in the past PAYING PLAYERS!"

"Yo coach, you have his phone number??"

"Look here kid, Freeze over there at Tennessee has been caught in the past PAYING PLAYERS!"

"Yo coach, you have his phone number??"

I think you missed the main point

“ms jones do you really trust a man that routinely calls up hookers with your son?”

That’s a little harder to overcome

Oh that I don’t know, but I listened to the interview and Pruitt had reservations talking about JG and made sure to highlight that HB basically knows all of the checks and stuff.
Closest he’s come to the possibility. Still prepared for the hobnail nut kick. 😖

You non believers that he’ll be fired this year have very short memories of the colossal screw ups in Pruitt’s short tenure. It reminds me of how so many this off season actually bought the hype that JG was going to be better.

As we know I’m the biggest optimist on this board but I’ve seen the reality and I’ve not forgotten.

Pruitt has shuffled in/out more assistants in his 3 years than I can remember a staff doing. And none of it has made us better.

He’s been blown out more times in his 3 years at UT than the last few coaches combined (or some similar scary stat).

He has the highest paid OC in the country, one of the highest paid OL coaches in the country, one of the highest paid DC’s in the country. And we still get blown out by UK and Ark and are staring a Vandy loss and 2-8 right in the face.

All this behind the scenes talk of losing the upper class men, firing assistant mid season, Hubbs calling him out publicly (something he’s never done before).

Assistants refused the pay cuts. Rumors of Pruitt telling folks he’ll just go back to Bama. His dumb blank stare with no passion week after week in the press conferences.

I’m no mathematician but all this, and plenty more I forgot to list, adds up to it’s time to pull the plug. It’s inevitable and when it’s inevitable good leadership does it now. Weak leadership waits.

Ron Swanson is now woke.

You're missing out on the most fun this football team will give us all year! Hop on the #FreezeTrain

Trust me I get it, and as a Tennessee fan we tend to latch onto anything that provides any glimmer of hope. We're so starved as a fanbase for any sort of relevance in CFB. Is it realistic? Nope. But I understand it.

Not really

SEC stats only

Offense:
2018- 20.25 pts per game
2019-22.24 pts per game
2020- 20.67 pts per game

defense-
2018- 36.75 pts per game
2019- 24.5 pts per game
2020- 31.5 pts per game

so while this year is a step backward from last year the offense and defense is performing better on the scoreboard than in Pruitts first year

Where did you get your numbers?
1605636855858.png

Trust me I get it, and as a Tennessee fan we tend to latch onto anything that provides any glimmer of hope. We're so starved as a fanbase for any sort of relevance in CFB. Is it realistic? Nope. But I understand it.
I'm the sick S.O.B. who knows a change is coming but has very little hope we hire anyone even remotely close to a sure thing.

Sure, it’s realistic. It’s all right there in front of our faces. Pruitt has failed miserably at his job and we all know it’s inevitable. Freeze is standing there waiting for the UT job and he’s as close to a sure thing as possible and those don’t come around often, if ever. If UT doesn’t hire him someone else will. So why wait? What’s not realistic about that? Unless the university just doesn’t care about having a winning program. Now that I can believe, that is very realistic. And sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back