Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that Pruitt hasn't gotten more out of his players.

He has always been seen as a great developer - he coached high school back in the day and that is the only way you survive.

It is shocking to me to see the lack of progression.
The downside of being a HC in college. He can't just be the pure ball coach he's always been.

Sure, it’s realistic. It’s all right there in front of our faces. Pruitt has failed miserably at his job and we all know it’s inevitable. Freeze is standing there waiting for the UT job and he’s as close to a sure thing as possible and those don’t come around often, if ever. If UT doesn’t hire him someone else will. So why wait? What’s not realistic about that? Unless the university just doesn’t care about having a winning program. Now that I can believe, that is very realistic. And sad.
Exactly. The floor for Freeze is being competitive every year. Wouldn't you just like to go into a season knowing that at worst you're going to win 9 games? In a disaster season where everything goes wrong you're winning 8. Man I'd kill for that. Then you're going to have great seasons with the right QB and everything comes together that you're going to have the chance to win it all. That's all I want. I don't expect to do what bama has done. I expect to be where Ga, LSU, and AU usually are. Good every year with a chance every year to be elite. that's what Freeze would bring.

So what jumps out to me the most. We scored 21 or more 5 times in year 1 with Helton. Chaney has done it a total of 6 times in his 14 games in the SEC with us, despite having more talent.

That’s interesting but Pruitt has tried and accomplished a number of times winning games with a slow it down type approach since that first year. I think that’s why you see the defensive numbers much better in year 2 and honestly that was the plan at Arkansas as well

Honestly I think what the PPG data tells us is that in Year 2 when Pruitt focused on calling defenses and splitting DC with Ansley the team did better as a whole.

He year 1 when we know he was deep in micromanager mode defense suffered as did offense as he was spread too thin. And this season he's reverted back to that mindset and the team has suffered because of it.

Reactions: ionaVOL
I mean, it warms my heart similarly to JG’s comments earlier in the year. And similarly to JG, I am excited for when we can move on. Kennedy has not played well at all this year. Give me Carvin or Spraggins or Cooper at that position. Jackson Lampley if he’s still around.

They all say the right things and evidently practice the rihgt way... but crap the bed when the lights come on... its like they're all nut cases

back to Freeze and recruiting

according to 247 class rankings:
Freeze at Ole Miss
2013 - 8th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 17th
2016 - 5th

that's at freaking Ole Miss... he signs top 10 classes without breaking a sweat with us
Just for accuracy sake, he was proven to be cheating to get those class rankings. So the question is actually, would be continue to cheat but figure out how to not get caught at UT? Or does he recruit within the rules and what would his recruiting rankings look like if he doesn't cheat?

Reactions: LoudOrange
The downside of being a HC in college. He can't just be the pure ball coach he's always been.
Doing the job and putting others in a position to do the job. Two completely different skill sets.

The fact that his first instinct still appears to be to jump in and do it himself doesn't really bode well for the future.

Ron, I know you know this, so I’ll just put it out there for everyone else.

Put the Freeze stuff to the side for a second.

If Pruitt were safe, Brent Hubbs would throw cold water on any sort of coaching search talk. We know that about him.

The fact he’s entertaining these rumors at all is a big tell.

Disagree. And I say that because we could lose to Vandy, and I don’t think there is any way UT wouldn’t consider a move if that happens. Honestly don’t think any of this is Hubbs “speak”. Price, Hubbs, and Lewis have all stated multiple times they think Pruitt is safe, for now. I think losing to Vandy is a big caveat as well as if the team comes out in these last few games showing no signs of life. The questions get entertained because it is actually possible.

Exactly. The floor for Freeze is being competitive every year. Wouldn't you just like to go into a season knowing that at worst you're going to win 9 games? In a disaster season where everything goes wrong you're winning 8. Man I'd kill for that. Then you're going to have great seasons with the right QB and everything comes together that you're going to have the chance to win it all. That's all I want. I don't expect to do what bama has done. I expect to be where Ga, LSU, and AU usually are. Good every year with a chance every year to be elite. that's what Freeze would bring.
I’m tired of being outcoached! And that dates back to the Fulmer era.

Tears while reading this. Bravo. Exactly what we all should want.

Just for accuracy sake, he was proven to be cheating to get those class rankings. So the question is actually, would be continue to cheat but figure out how to not get caught at UT? Or does he recruit within the rules and what would his recruiting rankings look like if he doesn't cheat?
do you honestly think any coach that's worth a damn isn't cheating? he got busted, paid the price, learned his lesson, and is better off for it..
don't come on here with this self righteous "he cheated" BS when this board's most popular poster is our own Bagman dropping hints about whats going on behind the scenes..

back to Freeze and recruiting

according to 247 class rankings:
Freeze at Ole Miss
2013 - 8th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 17th
2016 - 5th

that's at freaking Ole Miss... he signs top 10 classes without breaking a sweat with us

Don't those have asterisks?

While I initially thought some of his signings were circumstantial in nature, that was found not to be the case. Would love to see the comments on this board when all of that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back