Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys its possible that HB's going to play well Saturday and we win 2 in a row heading into UF game with a chance to upset them.

The coaching search stuff is premature. Let's see where we are at in mid December with the wins and losses and the recruiting class.
200.gif

Lowe: Tenn a job that Freeze wants

Hubbs: wouldn’t rule out Freeze if a coaching search occurred (we know what that means)

USCjr mods: Freeze likes UT job

Freeze is making it known what he wants without having to say a word. I think he waits it out for UT. Hopefully we don’t screw it up.
I don't see it happening unless we lose out

Reactions: MarcoVol
One thing to keep in mind on the premature coaching search discussion, Fulmer likely remembers that the way UT took off under his watch was that the AD at the time did not wait too long to make a change and allowed CPF to take over a stable growing program (rather than waiting another few years and then making a change when things would possibly have degraded). The AD fired CJM after only three losses in 1992, not because that warranted termination of an arguably HOF level coach, but because the AD knew he had an upgrade available (CPF at OC) and could lose him if the AD didn't act immediately. That has to inform Fulmer's decisions, right?

In the hypothetical, if Fulmer knows through agents that Freeze is ready to come if he wants him, does that make him move regardless of what Pruitt does these remaining games? I think it would be easier to say yes he moves regardless if Freeze didn't have some much NCAA baggage.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind on the premature coaching search discussion, Fulmer likely remembers that the way UT took off under his watch was that the AD at the time did not wait too long to make a change and allowed CPF to take over a stable growing program. The AD fired CJM after only three losses, not because that warranted termination of an arguably HOF level coach, but because the AD knew he had an upgrade available and could lose him (fulmer) if the AD didn't act immediately. That has to inform Fulmer's decisions, right?
I think Hamilton firing him weighs heavier on his mind.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
One thing to keep in mind on the premature coaching search discussion, Fulmer likely remembers that the way UT took off under his watch was that the AD at the time fired CJM after only three losses, not because that warranted termination of an arguably HOF level coach, but because the AD knew he had an upgrade available and could lose him (fulmer) if the AD didn't act immediately. That has to inform Fulmer's decisions, right?
I doubt it. Fulmer of course supported his own emergence to HC over Johnny because it benefited him. I don't think Fulmer likes Freeze and it'd be out of character from him to make a bold move like that, especially after this season.

I don't see it happening unless we lose out
I agree. But Freeze sees the writing on the wall. It’s this year or next. Auburn job might draw him but you don’t hear the Auburn noise for Freeze like we do for UT. If Malzahn had lost to Kentucky and Arkansas like they should have then he would be gone. Malzahn always does just enough to keep his job.

Basilio waited until they went off the air and it was app only to mention this. In covering the Vols since the early 90s he’s never seen a staff in more disarray than this one. Things are even worse than under Butch and that’s saying something. Coaches didn’t want to take a pay cut because they know they won’t be here for long.

One thing to keep in mind on the premature coaching search discussion, Fulmer likely remembers that the way UT took off under his watch was that the AD at the time did not wait too long to make a change and allowed CPF to take over a stable growing program (rather than waiting another few years and then making a change when things would possibly have degraded). The AD fired CJM after only three losses in 1992, not because that warranted termination of an arguably HOF level coach, but because the AD knew he had an upgrade available (CPF at OC) and could lose him if the AD didn't act immediately. That has to inform Fulmer's decisions, right?

In the hypothetical, if Fulmer knows through agents that Freeze is ready to come if he wants him, does that make him move regardless of what Pruitt does these remaining games? I think it would be easier to say yes he moves regardless if Freeze didn't have some much NCAA baggage.
Lot more to that story...

Basilio waited until they went off the air and it was app only to mention this. In covering the Vols since the early 90s he’s never seen a staff in more disarray than this one. Things are even worse than under Butch and that’s saying something. Coaches didn’t want to take a pay cut because they know they won’t be here for long.
I think Basilio is a blowhard but this info fits my narrative so I choose to believe it.

Lowe: Tenn a job that Freeze wants

Hubbs: wouldn’t rule out Freeze if a coaching search occurred (we know what that means)

USCjr mods: Freeze likes UT job

Freeze is making it known what he wants without having to say a word. I think he waits it out for UT. Hopefully we don’t screw it up.

You know we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back