Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will lose half of our assistants if Pruitt is retained and I bet we see quite a few transfers. Do you think Pruitt would let anyone play if they spoke against him? Players will not post anything. And this class was solid before the season and they are blaming Covid now. It won’t work next year. I can guarantee you things are not so pretty inside the program like you want to believe.
This!!!
Plus how do expect people to speak out when CJP has never let his staff have press conferences?

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
It's the money. It's not about beating Vandy. It's not wanting to pay the buyout.

Money isn’t an issue here buddy. Of course no one in the AD or fulmer himself ever “wants” to have a search or fire anyone so when people say that as the reason it’s really meaningless. Of course you never want to make changes or go through a search lol. If South Carolina has the money to make a change, we have it. I promise you.

But the situation you have now is that there’s a serious disconnect between AD employees and these coaches that have declined pay cuts when majority of others didn’t have a choice. UT is already and about to be spending more money on buyouts regardless if you fire Pruitt or not Bc he’s already fired a DL coach and more staff changes are going to happen after this year. This is all coming in an already extremely down fiscal year. Which happens and you then have to project to make that back over the course of the next 3-5 years. I also think this question needs to be asked, how bad does Pruitt want to go through this off season into next year on an extreme hot seat and have to make multiple changes whether by his choice or others all at the same time holding this class together and trying to add to it with extended or changed dead/signing periods? No one knows that answer but Pruitt and fulmer.

Then you get into trying to make a % that lost money back and the first thing you can look at is season tickets for next year. How many are roll overs, how many new purchases etc. that will give you a baseline on it. There’s no way if we finish 1- 3 or 0-4 people are going to like that projection.

Basically you’re losing a lot of money already this year.... pruitts buyout even at full price isn’t going to really make a difference because it’s more about the next 5 years anyway.

Let's hope so, if anything just for the sake that Bailey is who we all want him to be.
He was the best QB the day he stepped on campus. He should have been QB1 day one. I hope they let him air it out, I don’t want to see them running 1st and 2nd down and forcing him to throw on third and long. Let him go and he will turn some heads.

Then why would he be fired assumingly if he loses to Vandy? I get you, the university is cheap as hell, but I don't get the emphasis that is being put on the Vandy game lol
People are assuming that a loss to Vandy is the straw that will break the camel's back. No one knows for sure except Fulmer and whoever else is in on that decision. It's all message board fodder.

Reactions: OrangenSC
If they were that deadset on not wanting to pay the buyout, then he stays at 2-8 even if we don't score another point the rest of the way.

There's nuance here. Beating Vandy doesn't move the needle with the fanbase or season ticket sales. If there's a possibility he gets canned at 2-8 there's a possibility he gets canned at 3-7 with a win over an 0-10 Vandy squad. It's not either/or.
There's a more likely possibility that Fulmer has already made up his mind and that Pruitt will be our HC next season. People are speculating on things that MIGHT happen, or things they WANT to happen, but none of control what WILL happen.

Reactions: DarthVol1
That was expected. Doesn’t mean they don’t have one of the worst defenses in CFB
Bro every one of our losses have been by double digits. I don't think that has EVER happened at UT. Who gives a $&!t about UF's defense. I know you're new here but this is a UT message board.

Money isn’t an issue here buddy. Of course no one in the AD or fulmer himself ever “wants” to have a search or fire anyone so when people say that as the reason it’s really meaningless. Of course you never want to make changes or go through a search lol. If South Carolina has the money to make a change, we have it. I promise you.

But the situation you have now is that there’s a serious disconnect between AD employees and these coaches that have declined pay cuts when majority of others didn’t have a choice. UT is already and about to be spending more money on buyouts regardless if you fire Pruitt or not Bc he’s already fired a DL coach and more staff changes are going to happen after this year. This is all coming in an already extremely down fiscal year. Which happens and you then have to project to make that back over the course of the next 3-5 years. I also think this question needs to be asked, how bad does Pruitt want to go through this off season into next year on an extreme hot seat and have to make multiple changes whether by his choice or others all at the same time holding this class together and trying to add to it with extended or changed dead/signing periods? No one knows that answer but Pruitt and fulmer.

Then you get into trying to make a % that lost money back and the first thing you can look at is season tickets for next year. How many are roll overs, how many new purchases etc. that will give you a baseline on it. There’s no way if we finish 1- 3 or 0-4 people are going to like that projection.

Basically you’re losing a lot of money already this year.... pruitts buyout even at full price isn’t going to really make a difference because it’s more about the next 5 years anyway.
Well, buddy, money is the issue because UT has continuously shown through several searches now that money is an issue. If you haven't noticed that, then you haven't been paying attention. What have they done to make anyone think that has suddenly changed? Nada. Maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at South Carolina care more about football than the powers at UT?

Ah not so sure. I'm not saying he definitely has lost the team but there is evidence to support the theory he has. This whole coaching staff seems to have quit on the team imo. I've also heard there was a players only meeting recently. Players only meetings don't happen when a team has strong leadership and continuity with the staff. They happen because of a lack of leadership. Apparently Morven Joseph basically told everyone "I don't even know you" to his fellow players. Thats a red flag. Its an indication these players are basically wandering week to week. You think the dudes in the Arkansas locker room don't know each other? No. They've bought in to their coaches. All this press about coaches refusing to take pay cuts. How do you think that resonates with the players they are asking to give their all?

Again I'm not saying they have 100% quit. But to say all forces in the football program are moving in the same direction is false imo.

Reading this! I honestly think it started 4 games in when he fired a DL coach any unity we had was gone.the other coaches I feel like are watching out for themselves because of Pruitts actions

Well, buddy, money is the issue because UT has continuously shown through several searches now that money is an issue. If you haven't noticed that, then you haven't been paying attention. What have they done to make anyone think that has suddenly changed? Nada. Maybe, just maybe, the powers that be at South Carolina care more about football than the powers at UT?

Money is not the issue it’s the people holding it a d give the ok.that’s always been it.

Lowe: Tenn a job that Freeze wants

Hubbs: wouldn’t rule out Freeze if a coaching search occurred (we know what that means)

USCjr mods: Freeze likes UT job

Freeze is making it known what he wants without having to say a word. I think he waits it out for UT. Hopefully we don’t screw it up.
I’m guessing it will be another scenario like watching Trevor Lawrence play for Nattys on TV wearing #16.

I can see it now, CHF is hoisting a trophy and I’m sitting there thinking, “And he wanted to be at UT”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back