Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Do you expect the team to show something positive in these final four games (regardless of wins and losses but at least show some improvement)?

I am hoping a youth movement lights a spark>>>?
I sure hope so...good grief.
As it relates to the younger guys...they are super talented..but I will say this...they have a LONG way to go in regards to the playbook. Half of them have no idea what routes to run or what the check downs are and that is why you haven’t seen them used yet. Wideman for sure has the tools but just isn’t up to speed yet on the playbook and how to really play the position. Hyatt same way...great talent but playbook has been a big struggle for him.

As it relates to the younger guys...they are super talented..but I will say this...they have a LONG way to go in regards to the playbook. Half of them have no idea what routes to run or what the check downs are and that is why you haven’t seen them used yet. Wideman for sure has the tools but just isn’t up to speed yet on the playbook and how to really play the position. Hyatt same way...great talent but playbook has been a big struggle for him.
Why is our offense so bad rn
You think it has to do a lot with Chaney?

That’s pretty concerning considering we’re two months into the season with two bye weeks built in.

they’ve been enrolled since january and still don’t know the playbook?

Well whose fault is that? Interesting that freshmen on other teams aren’t having this problem

That’s pretty concerning considering we’re tow months into the season with tow bye weeks built in.
Our coaches are garbage and can't get kids prepared. Everyone else are playing tons of FR. Half the kids on the field for Clemson by the end of the ND game were FR and they were going toe to toe with them the whole 4th qtr and two OTs.

Thats terrible coaching

I’ll guess Hilinski or the other highly ranked QB they just got.

Hillinski I doubt just because his family literally moved from California to South Carolina with Ryan and they’ve been all in on uscjr. Uscjr has gone out of its way to support their suicide awareness cause/charity whatever. I kind of think they just may be fully entrenched in the community.

not sure about the other ones but isn’t Doty from that area and idk if we even offered him coming out of school.

I wouldn’t say they don’t like him...they do like him. But he isn’t the savior at this moment that he was cracked up to be. Could he develop into that stud qb that people thought he would be coming out of HS...YES....
Play him an find out, who know maybe he’s a gamer (I know the staff doesn’t believe in that).

I wouldn’t say they don’t like him...they do like him. But he isn’t the savior at this moment that he was cracked up to be. Could he develop into that stud qb that people thought he would be coming out of HS...YES....
They just need to let him sling it. His FR year Marietta started like 14 or 15 FR and 3 SO's and he threw for 2800 yards and 21tds and only 7 ints. He was 14 playing 18 year old kids , a big % of which went on the college football. His WRs were SO in Keyton that led the state in recieving and a FR Taji Johnson that ended up at Boston College.

He'll be fine if they just let him get out there ans throw the ball.

We ended up 3-7 that year, but those 10 games were huge for the FR players growth.

I agree coaching is for sure a big part of that....and yes that falls directly on TM
Any speculation on which coaches won't be returning next year? And do you expect this recruiting class to stick together, other than a couple being encouraged to look elsewhere?

Then they need to simplify the D**n playbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back