Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much crap going on, so I think instead of adding my two **its to the crapstorm (at least in the RF) I will just post pics of cool things..a lot of folks seem to enjoy them, so I hope to balance out my effect on VN by reminding us of the beauty and amazing wonders in the world around us..

This one is from a cool quirky little Utah state park waaaay out in the middle of nowhere..Goblin Valley

View attachment 323863

This may be my favorite one so far. Such a cool shot.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I'm fine brother. Just wondering why you chose my post over the several other posts who quoted that poster? Maybe you were just scanning and didn't see them.
I may not have but I’m moreso talking about the disparaging of the information brought by aforementioned poster, is all. I just don’t understand when others pull the whole “I question the credibility of this person” frequently. Not solely talking about you, btw. But we’re good 👍

I may not have but I’m moreso talking about the disparaging of the information brought by aforementioned poster, is all. I just don’t understand when others pull the whole “I question the credibility of this person” frequently. Not solely talking about you, btw. But we’re good 👍

It's not so much about credibility as much as motivation. When you've been on here long enough you become a little more sensitive/attuned to that...good or bad.

I’d rather give Pruitt the Mark Stoops path than do that and see if he can get it figured out than to do that.
Thinking of Mark Stoops...this many games (6 games into Y3) into his time at UK he had 6 losses of 20+ points. He took over a 2-10 team...and at UK of all places.

Pruitt is going full blast with 12 such losses. Goodness.

Thinking of Mark Stoops...this many games (6 games into Y3) into his time at UK he had 6 losses of 20+ points. He took over a 2-10 team...and at UK of all places.

Okay I take it back. Pruitt needs to go

I doubt that will ever happen. As long as we have Pruitt under contract, no one else is gonna sign one. I can't imagine any coach signing a contract under those conditions. The coaching fraternity is too small. Auburn boosters tried to pull that stunt a few years back and it blew up in their faces. Someone might let their agent work the magic behind the curtain but that's not the same as having two head coaches under contract at the same time.

Let me rephrase. You don't fire Pruitt this year unless Hugh Freeze has agreed to be TN coach. Sign the contract immediately after we have the opening

This to me is the most likely scenario we see play out.

Pruitt stays the HC, Chaney and others on offensive staff are the heads that get rolled (Weinke maybe Friend?). Tee is promoted to OC.

Chaney's contract is just a 3 year deal, and if Briles is hired away from Arkansas he'd likely be on Pittman's short list of new OC replacements which would mitigate a good bit of his '21 buyout.
Would be a very UT thing to promote a failed OC to...OC.

His offense regressed each year he was at USC who just had absurdly more talent than other PAC teams. Good recruiter, maybe a good WR coach, but if you can't get it done at USC at the most talented team in the league, I don't see him exceeding expectations here.

Reactions: crazyguy
Would be a very UT thing to promote a failed OC to...OC.

His offense regressed each year he was at USC who just had absurdly more talent than other PAC teams. Good recruiter, maybe a good WR coach, but if you can't get it done at USC at the most talented team in the league, I don't see him exceeding expectations here.
Not saying I have proof that you’re wrong, but there are issues in the program that start with the head coach. My guess is Helton took the reigns back - too many cooks in the kitchen.

I say that to say, we don’t know exactly when Tee was in control vs. when he wasn’t.

Reactions: Devo182

What more needs to be said? If money weren’t a concern he’d be gone already. Well, at a serious SEC school that is.

Not saying I have proof that you’re wrong, but there are issues in the program that start with the head coach. My guess is Helton took the reigns back - too many cooks in the kitchen.

I say that to say, we don’t know exactly when Tee was in control vs. when he wasn’t.

Makes it difficult to pass judgement on Chaney and/or Ainsley as well.

Did Stoops have to play Alabama or a Kirby led uga or a Mullen lead UF team every year his first three years?

Or was coaching against Richt and McElwain easier?

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back