Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - because you can still have a good offense with an average QB.

The problems are far deeper. The WR have been fine, the OL has been bad, and the RBs haven't been anything special.

This ain't just JG no matter how much people want it to be.
OL play tends to be better when there’s a focus. When the skill players are spinning their wheels, the big ugly collective have to start asking themselves “what are we pushing for?” Yeah missed blocks lead to sacks and TFL’s, but 3 and outs ad nauseum a quarter and a half into the wears on everybody. It’s why successful HC’s make their money. They get their players moving TOWARDS something. When you lose your players, you see what you’re seeing.

He was not this big a problem in Helton's offense.

In fact, if I remember correctly, we all thought he might be pretty good but the offensive line wasn't doing him any favors.

All I'm saying is, you can go .500 in this league with JG as your QB. We did better than that last season.

The offense is bad this year because the entire team has checked out and didn't get better this offseason.
well, we didn't have one...so that might explain that part.....

This, this, this. Even down to the insiders coming in here to do crowd control. They all do not want to make a move for some reason. Do they enjoy being terrible and also manipulating us at the same time because if they give us some hope, we will continue to spend money on the football team.
AV’s excuses have been pathetic

OL play tends to be better when there’s a focus. When the skill players are spinning their wheels, the big ugly collective have to start asking themselves “what are we pushing for?” Yeah missed blocks lead to sacks and TFL’s, but 3 and outs ad nauseum a quarter and a half into the wears on everybody. It’s why successful HC’s make their money. They get their players moving TOWARDS something. When you lose your players, you see what you’re seeing.
Bingo. Hard to run your head into the guy across from you over and over and over when there's no success to point to.

Pruitt and Butch both made the same mistake. Both needed to make recruiting transfer QBs priority No. 1 the day they were hired. Instead Butch rolled with Worley, who was a terrible fit for his offense. But at least Butch managed to land Dobbs. Pruitt has done absolutely nothing to improve the QB room or production on the field since Dec. 2017.

It's amazing how other new coaches seem to get good QBs in year 1, or at the very least year 2.

Is this revisionist history?

We brought it Keller Chryst year one.

We’ve tried to bring in Gardiner Minshew, Jamie Newman and JT Daniels as well. We just haven’t landed them.

when things go as bad as they have for us lately....things that would normally be considered "reasons" all the sudden become "excuses".

it is what it is...and i'm not defending to defend. that's just how it is in general.
Blaming it on Tee and the players being dumb aren’t legitimate reasons

I think Chaney is fool's gold.

At Purdue the HC was the offensive minded type, With Dooley and with Lane same thing. I think his philosophy is dictated by his HC, and if you look at every stop that's consistent with what I'm saying. So he looks amazing with an offensive minded HC and looks like boring garbage with a defensive minded HC.

At Purdue the HC was the offensive minded type, With Dooley and with Lane same thing. I think his philosophy is dictated by his HC, and if you look at every stop that's consistent with what I'm saying. So he looks amazing with an offensive minded HC and looks like boring garbage with a defensive minded HC.

Looked pretty good at UGA with Kirby as HC.....

Jim would disagree. Food's gold.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Looked pretty good at UGA with Kirby as HC.....

Well having 4 NFL RBs, and Sam Pittman coaching your OL with 4/5 stars carrying around towels helps. He still didn't sling it around like he did under the offensive HC, his offense was boring. But the developed talent executed it well.

If anything that just proves the point that even boring offensive play-calling can work if you got the talent/development around it (which we don't).

I'm impressed. My cat doesn't make it off my property before he's barfed twice and pooped on himself. He don't travel so well.
She does pretty well - she’ll stay in her box or in my lap while we’re driving...we have to block her in the bedroom if we’re going in and out because she’s an escape artist!

Reactions: VOLSONLY and SSVol
Well having 4 NFL RBs, and Sam Pittman coaching your OL with 4/5 stars carrying around towels helps. He still didn't sling it around like he did under the offensive HC, his offense was boring. But the developed talent executed it well.

If anything that just proves the point that even boring offensive play-calling can work if you got the talent/development around it (which we don't).
Chaney calls plays in line with the head coach's offensive philosophy. He said as much when he was the OC at Pittsburgh.

Chaney calls plays in line with the head coach's offensive philosophy. He said as much when he was the OC at Pittsburgh.

Big red flag when your HC (like Pruitt) haven't got a damn clue about that side of the ball.

Kirby for what it's worth has actually coached on the offensive side of the ball for a season.

Sounds like they are trying to make Tee the scape goat because Chaney and Friend aren’t going anywhere. So blame it on Tee and make him move on next year.
There's always been a little bit on anti-Tee thing among boosters because he didn't "play their game" like Peyton and he got busted taking some money if I remember correctly.

Is this revisionist history?

We brought it Keller Chryst year one.

We’ve tried to bring in Gardiner Minshew, Jamie Newman and JT Daniels as well. We just haven’t landed them.

You keep trying until you find someone. I can excuse Pruitt for rolling with JG after Butch's last season but not years 2 and 3. There's just no excuse to not have a high school recruit or a transfer who is better than him. He's almost the worst QB in all of college football this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back