Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic. What ever happened to the poster on here that had JP Prince as his avi? He and Bruin used to go at it all the time. I cannot remember his username. Just curious.

BigZiti. He hasn't even logged in in 2.5 years. Supposedly he posts elsewhere now.

Lunacy at its finest. A moron, lol. He could spend an hour discussing football scheme and technique with you and you would come away having no idea what he was just talking about because he knows that much more about football than you do. Does that mean he has done a good job coaching this year? Not at all. Does that even mean that he definitely has the characteristics required to be a successful HEAD COACH? No not all. But when somebody could talk circles around you about a certain topic is kind of hard to label them as a moron. The only people that would really do that....are actual morons that aren't smart enough to know what they don't know.
If his players are having a hard time understanding his scheme, then Pruitt is a moron. A good, intelligent teacher is so knowledgeable about a topic that they can explain it to anyone. Whether that’s putting it in lay terms for common people or getting highly technical with peers. His players look lost and frustrated so moron really isn’t an unfair label. It’s year 3. They shouldn’t be making the mistakes that they are

PFF grades for all 127 QBs:

4. Mac Jones
5. Kyle Trask
11. Matt Corral
13. Kellen Mond
30. Feleipe Franks
31. Connor Bazelak
38. Collin Hill
39. Terry Wilson
44. Bo Nix
59. Stetson Bennett
98. Ken Seals
100. Jarrett Guarantano
103. T.J. Finley/Max Johnson
119. KJ Costello/Will Rogers

Their JG write-up:
Guarantano has been the same in 2020 as he has always been throughout his collegiate career: Inaccurate. On throws beyond the line of scrimmage, Guarantano has thrown an uncatchable ball 37% of the time, the fifth-worst rate in the entire FBS. Last year, Guarantano’s accuracy issues hindered the Tennessee offense, but he at least didn’t put the ball in harm’s way. That has changed this season, as his turnover-worthy play rate has nearly doubled and ranks third-to-last in the SEC.

4. Mac Jones
5. Kyle Trask
11. Matt Corral
13. Kellen Mond
30. Feleipe Franks
31. Connor Bazelak
38. Collin Hill
39. Terry Wilson
44. Bo Nix
59. Stetson Bennett
98. Ken Seals
100. Jarrett Guarantano

Their JG write-up:

It’s inexcusable that he has started here for 4 years in a row.

4. Mac Jones
5. Kyle Trask
11. Matt Corral
13. Kellen Mond
30. Feleipe Franks
31. Connor Bazelak
38. Collin Hill
39. Terry Wilson
44. Bo Nix
59. Stetson Bennett
98. Ken Seals
100. Jarrett Guarantano

Their JG write-up:
Didn’t need PFF to tell us that but at least the fan club sees what we’ve all seen for all these years.

4. Mac Jones
5. Kyle Trask
11. Matt Corral
13. Kellen Mond
30. Feleipe Franks
31. Connor Bazelak
38. Collin Hill
39. Terry Wilson
44. Bo Nix
59. Stetson Bennett
98. Ken Seals
100. Jarrett Guarantano

Their JG write-up:
But he gives us the best chance to win!

If his players are having a hard time understanding his scheme, then Pruitt is a moron. A good, intelligent teacher is so knowledgeable about a topic that they can explain it to anyone. Whether that’s putting it in lay terms for common people or getting highly technical with peers. His players look lost and frustrated so moron really isn’t an unfair label. It’s year 3. They shouldn’t be making the mistakes that they are
This staff is inept. Full ride talked about Lincoln Riley. They said he only runs plays that the QB does well. He throws out numerous plays depending on the QB. Our staff is trying to make our players do things that they aren’t good at. Auburn throttles us and I think we start to hear more heat on Pruitt.

If what AV said is true about the playbook, I have to wonder who has insisted on the play sheet being so thick.

Because I watched Jim Chaney throw freshman rock-head Tyler Bray in the game and let him sling it all over the field.

And we’ve heard time and time again Pruitt’s defense is very hard to learn.

So, I have some thoughts on who is to blame.
Have to remember 1st round at UT was his first OC job since Purdue, where they played basketball on grass and probably had a limited playbook.

He has since been interviewed while at Arky, UGA, etc talking how his philosophy has changed since then. He thought other offenses were veering toward his old Purdue style and he wanted to go the other direction.

Not for the better, it seems.

When we look at who we interviewed and could have had before Pruitt, does anyone believe that any of the other candidates would have done worse? I think Doeren, Brohm, and Tucker would have been better.

Being a good, intelligent teacher is not synonyms with being a moron. Being really knowledgeable about a topic but not being able to get that info across to other people does not make a person a moron.

When we look at who we interviewed and could have had before Pruitt, does anyone believe that any of the other candidates would have done worse? I think Doeren, Brohm, and Tucker would have been better.
I would have loved Brohm - I was so disappointed when Hyams got that wrong.

Tucker, eh, who knows?

Doeren probably would have been something like 5-7, 6-6 then 6-4 this year.

I would have loved Brohm - I was so disappointed when Hyams got that wrong.

Tucker, eh, who knows?

Doeren probably would have been something like 5-7, 6-6 then 6-4 this year.
Agreed. I didn’t want Doeren and still don’t. We would be very average. But we wouldn’t be as bad as we are now.

Reactions: Aesius
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back