Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're simpatico on this - Pruitt has to go.

What I'm saying is it's probably more likely we hire a Napier or someone like that instead of taking the chance on Freeze if the SEC is still putting up a fight.
Napier would be a good hire. We need to get to the 8-9 win a year bar again. Then shoot for the championships. We are barely swimming right now.

LOL like the SEC could do anything anyway. Will Wade is still at LSU
For sure, Wade was caught on type talking about buying players, how in haiti he is still at LSU is shady as hell. Crooked as all get out! He had to have something on someone or a group in high places, something big as all get out. That came out and all the sudden he is free as a bird. Something very wrong with that, and they never really have ever gave a response.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I think Napier is a solid coach, who doesn’t have a lot of baggage and has coached at big programs before. His family is also really big in the Georgia High school football scene.
I like him a lot. If not us, I hope he waits for Virginia Tech instead of taking the South Carolina job.
Napier would be a good hire. We need to get to the 8-9 win a year bar again. Then shoot for the championships. We are barely swimming right now.
Last year when Pruitt was 2-5, I had talked myself into Bronco Mendenhall.

I think I'd take a coach in that similar niche. Good, maybe not great, but a proven winner as head coach at multiple stops.

I'd be hopeful this program can elevate a competent head coach.

Last edited:
Last week I called the request to play Georgia the dumbest thing I have ever heard of and I think it’s just that way but...

The fact that Pruitt wanted to play tells me he’s still grinding and is committed to development over results.

As stupid as the idea was I appreciate his willingness to think outside the box to develop his program for the long term and not the short.

I like him a lot. If not us, I hope he waits for Virginia Tech instead of taking the South Carolina job.

Last year when Pruitt was 2-5, I had talked myself into Bronco Mendenhall.

I think I'd take a coach in that similar niche. Good, maybe not great, but a proven winner as head coach at multiple stops.

I'd be hopeful this program can elevate a competent head coach.

Kingston Vol Staffing:
“We have a candidate for you, Mr. Fulmer. Not too bad. Not too good.” 😂

You say no to the NFL record holding return man and one of the top rb's in the league, both of whom ended up in Knoxville via JUCO?

Hmm. To each their own.

I’ve posted this many times here

Juco players that weren’t highly recruited out of hS are extremely high risk recruits coming out of JC. The likelihood of them being SEC winning players is extremely low

now if there is a kid that had a discipline issue at a power 5 program that was a 4/5 star type players that is a 4-2-4 then sure those are worth a look when a specific need is there. But these guys that just bust onto the scene after being unknowns in HS rarely pan out. We shouldn’t even fish in those recruiting waters

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Lol! I like Jake but he makes me read more than I even like to read for my kids.

That’s not even the best part!..I crack up every time he quotes someone and bold prints what he’s responding to😭😂 there will be like a whole novel written and he will pick out like two sentences..he’s a dick❤️ But I can relate......Jake is so Bold😂😂🤣

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back