Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading everything, it seems like no Green, Malone, losing Brooks to Auburn (Rumor, but just wait till we lose this weekend)
etc.

All I’m saying is there won’t be crowd control in here if this happens. Pruitt needs to go.
But I thought recruiting was going well? Once recruits start to flip and we lose our top targets, there is zero reason to keep Pruitt any longer.

What a horrible take!..😂😂 I fell asleep during 1917...literally zero action..I can think of so many more war movies that were better than 1917 and I’ll start with Memphis belle 🤘🏽

You crazy. They are both solid war movies for different reasons. SPR was spectacular with the visuals and devastation of combat. 1917 was spectacular in the visuals and immersing the viewer in the story timeline and aftermath of combat.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Funky Butt-lovin!!

-P65OL.gif
Precisely

Reactions: drvenner
Firing Pruitt now is stupid..that is my two cents...but at this point I don't really care..we gonna suck either way from now on. We are unable as a fanbase to have any patience or understanding, so we are going to be on this stupid coaching carousel forever imo.

Have at it..
5-5, And most of us would be fine being patient, as it would seem we did not regress. That would have allowed losses to the big three, Auburn, and Texas A&M. The other five we should beat every single time we play them.

i think there's still a lot of putting the cart before the horse with pruitt. that said, it is a problem that we have an inkling to do that.....

so, i'll just say this, i don't think any decision firing him, or hiring anyone has been made. but if things go as far south as some of you, eh hem, want it to....it would be very difficult to come back from all of it....losing 3 of 4 or all 4, a bunch of decommits, or flips, missing out on bigger targets in recruiting to close the class etc...transfers, opt outs...

you then find yourself in "you don't have a choice" territory.

today, however, there is still a choice.....i've already said i'd take Hugh Freeze right now. but i cannot get myself to hoping the worst happens on the off chance we might get him.

i hope this team wins as much as it can. closes the class strong, and that we see an injection of youth to show some signs of life/hope going forward.

if that doesn't happen...well....i'd say we've covered all that the past week or so.

5-5, And most of us would be fine being patient, as it would seem we did not regress. That would have allowed losses to the big three, Auburn, and Texas A&M. The other five we should beat every single time we play them.
5-5 now would be.....awesome...considering who we'd have to beat to get there.

lol.

I agree. But Friend, Chaney, and Weinke’s salaries are outrageous. Pruitt really got his friend paid.
it's hard to be enamoured with these three at this point. and i don't put it all on Chaney, i don't think he's forgotten how to do this job.

but to say i expected more would be an understatement.

there's just no reason this o line should suck as bad as it does. none. and weinke...i'm not @Bassmaster_Vol level hate for the dude, and while i put a lot of the QB issues on just who we have at QB....they've not gotten ANY better at ANYTHING.....

we needed them to go from "disaster" to "doesn't suck out loud"...not "disaster" to tim tebow.....and i can't say we even made that modicum of progress at QB....so confidence there is at least a big "?". i'd be perfectly fine with firign CW and WF. take or leave Chaney....but we can do what we're doing on offense right now for A LOT cheaper than $1.6M, highest paid OC in the country................

Now we're talkin. How about some Apocalypse Now? Requiem for a Dream. Need moar Christopher Nolan. And maybe just one foreign film? Life is Beautiful or La Dolce Vita for me. Amelie and Seven Samurai up there too. Another war movie - Plattoon...and Hurt Locker.

Here's one that usually splits people up and a category rarely in peoples' top 10 - best horror movies.
The Deer Hunter

I agree. But Friend, Chaney, and Weinke’s salaries are outrageous. Pruitt really got his friend paid.
That’s why I didn’t include them. I understood Chaney’s contract because it was what was needed to pry him away from UGA (Smart basically matched it), but Friend had one job...coach the damn OL. I defended him because unlike many, I recognized that every NC in college football history has been won without Sam Pittman as OL coach. He was the only one this fanbase would accept and that wasn’t happening even if he hadn’t landed the Arkansas gig...he would’ve retired at UGA. All you need is someone who can coach and develop the big uglies...recruiting picks up as you solidify your rep. Pittman wasn’t the recruiting beast at his other stops for a reason. Teach and develop well enough
at a top program and the 4 and 5 stars migrate like herds. He was spotted two 5 stars this season and we’ve seen crap. All things being equal and Weinke doesn’t weigh down your staff...contractually or as a coach. But he also doesn’t elevate. This has been a nightmare season for Chaney’s legacy and I don’t buy his trust issues with the QB’s. You run a scheme and adjust it to the talent...otherwise it’s malpractice.

Question, IF James Franklin becomes available is he someone that you would deem a good hire? I think he does better in the south plus he has great connections to high schools in Ohio now. To me would have to be right behind Freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back