Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy-downsized.gif

Agreed. But I've never been a huge blonde guy.

First film I remember seeing boobs, Just One of the Guys (how was that PG-13?!?)
Another great movie. The 80’s were stacked with great films. And, yeah, PG-13 in the 80’s would be R today. Some PG movies back then would be R today just for the language.

Reactions: vol494 and MoCo_Vol
Question, IF James Franklin becomes available is he someone that you would deem a good hire? I think he does better in the south plus he has great connections to high schools in Ohio now. To me would have to be right behind Freeze.

Vandy will re-hire him

Burn it down.
that's fine. and no one can argue about what impact this news has, or that it was a bad move by the guys that declined. just not real smart. they talked about this on the pod cast yesterday i think, as to how it could affect, potentially, relationships between programs. it's well documented the efforts of both Baseball and Basketball have made to positively impact recruiting for football....but how does that continue when you have staff members on, baseball in particular, that had to take pay cuts....so how motivated are they to help the entitled football coaches?

they didn't say that was a definite result of this...but wondered aloud that it creates an environment where it could be.

having said all that.....it still pisses me off that the KNS went out of their way to dig this up and put it out there simply to take advantage of the "pile on" factor, given Football's struggles of late.

it was a designated hit piece and had nothing to do with "reporting news". they interviewed none of the coaches. they interviewed none of the administrators. they asked no questions of anyone. didn't seek any context or explanation. the pay cut conversations happened several weeks/months ago, so if it was newsworthy, it was newsworthy back then....right?

it had one purpose, one mission...and i'd say mission accomplished.....

Reactions: OrangenSC
Yeah was gonna ask people their favorite 80s films, started trying to think of mine and the list keeps growing lol.

I remember having to try and sneak to watch Porky's though...lol

Reactions: Ron Swanson

FREE MONEY[
Does he have part ownership here or is he on their payroll? That doesn't sound legal to me but I don't bet on sports. Years ago I knew a bookie and placed bets with him, mostly college basketball, but I just moved away from betting as time went on.

I don't get why people don't get that P-5 CFB programs exist to produce revenue for schools to fund all of their athletic programs to attract students to their schools. It's part of the sales pitch for the college experience.

Publicity can be good, bad, or useless. At UT it has turned from good to useless to bad at the end of Phil's and every wannabe HC's tenure over the past two decades. It has been going on so long that prospects no longer can relate to Tennessee being a top ten football power it traditionally was. We are that much removed from 1998.

The only way to restore that is to hire a proven HC that could take the good resources at UT and restore the program over time to elite status. You have to hire proven because of the coaching circle influences and system/schemes utilized that fit the type of prospects that can be signed to UT in the region of Knoxville, TN with an academic emphasis that those prospects need. You also have to hire proven because the fan base and prospects have to trust that it will eventually happen to buy enough time, which they don't with wannabes. It is highly unlikely that wannabes will ever work in this environment unless they luck up, which has not happened in the last 4 hires. If it has not worked in the last 4, why would it work a 5th time? The only valid argument is that some believe the judgment of #4 (Pruitt) not having worked is premature. Valid argument, just not one I agree with based on the progression of the program, discipline on the field, reports of team division, assistant coach turnover, and current results.

It will take money and commitment to hiring a proven HC with enough money for his staff. They have it available if the UTAD and major boosters care enough to change the trajectory of the program. If they don't, we know where this heads.

IMO, this weekend will tell us if Pruitt will eventually make it another season with an unwarranted extension of time. All we will probably have to do is watch what happens at the QB position. 10+ point dog on the road against a second tier SEC program with a goofball HC.

Reactions: crazyguy
Yeah was gonna ask people their favorite 80s films, started trying to think of mine and the list keeps growing lol.

I remember having to try and sneak to watch Porky's though...lol
Karate Kids
Billie Jean (epic movie)
Goonies
Rambo II
Breakfast Club
Field of Dreams
Top Gun
Short Circuit
Just one of the Guys
Indiana Jones Temple of Doom
The Outsiders
Beetlejuice
Big
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
48hrs
Trading Places
Brewsters Millions
Coming to America
Ghostbusters
Twins
Major League
Beverly Hills Cop
Roadhouse
The Running Man
Cocktail
Ferris Bueller
Die Hard
Stand by Me
Weekend at Bernies
Willow

The 80’s was not only the best decade for movies but the best decade overall, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back