Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt is in over his head. Fully agree. One of best defensive minds in the country and one of the best x and o guys you can find but that doesn’t make him a great head coach. It always starts at the top....
That work?
Appreciate the info AV. I know it’s a lot of times met with mixed opinions. You’re a good dude. We just get the sense the AD and University at large don’t give 2 rips about a successful football program, which is the cash cow of the AD. Granted financial strain has been real this year, it’s just flat out frustrating for us fans. Pruitt isn’t the guy. A win over Aubbie or A&M isn’t going to change that in my opinion. A change in asst coaches definitely won’t change that.

We're not coming back. We're never going to be like we were because we do not have an admin willing to do what it takes to get us back there. Our admin would never go out and make the big hire that Bama did to get Saban. We would never go out and make the big hire that OSU did to get Meyer. And even though it hasn't worked out, Michigan tried their best by bringing in Harbaugh. We would never do that. We have the opportunity here with Freeze, but we won't do it. And why?
What we “were” was always overhyped versus reality. What was our “big hire” back then when $1 mil a year was a huge contract...Fulmer? We strung together some 10 win seasons but there was always someone better in our conference...save one season. No one’s promised anything and no one’s doomed. You hire the right people and leave them the eff alone. Fans are going to groan and demand on momentary whims...like the social media elite that we are.

Watching and waiting while SC hires Freeze into the division is the equivalent of giving up.

We struggled in an SEC East environment where Mark Richt was its best coach. We won’t have any success in a division facing Mullen, Smart, and Freeze.

It may not be the most convenient time to make our play, but it’s time nonetheless.

Appreciate the info AV. I know it’s a lot of times met with mixed opinions. You’re a good dude. We just get the sense the AD and University at large don’t give 2 rips about a successful football program, which is the cash cow of the AD. Granted financial strain has been real this year, it’s just flat out frustrating for us fans. Pruitt isn’t the guy. A win over Aubbie or A&M isn’t going to change that in my opinion. A change in asst coaches definitely won’t change that.
The probability of it happening is just about nil, but if Pruitt somehow won out this season, including a victory over UF, I'd be back on board. At least for another season. I mean, he's gonna get another season, no matter what, because of the university and Fulmer. I've been adamant about that point. UT doesn't care what the fans want. Pruitt will not be fired this season. But if he somehow won out, I'd be excited for next season all over again.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What we “were” was always overhyped versus reality. What was our “big hire” back then when $1 mil a year was a huge contract...Fulmer? We strung together some 10 win seasons but there was always someone better in our conference...save one season. No one’s promised anything and no one’s doomed. You hire the right people and leave them the eff alone. Fans are going to groan and demand on momentary whims...like the social media elite that we are.
I would kill to win 10 games a year and have a chance to win it all every year. That's all anyone's asking for. Freeze brings that.

I would kill to win 10 games a year and have a chance to win it all every year. That's all anyone's asking for. Freeze brings that.
8-11 wins a year keeps Neyland full, donations high, and everyone successful. And that is even without ever winning a national championship. I don’t understand why it’s hard to get a coach who can do that and see how well this University does. Shoot, we made money with some of the worst coaches in our history. Imagine what we will make when we win. Fire Pruitt, Hire Freeze, Neyland is full, $$$ is flowing and all is good.

You really tied yourself up to that, huh? Ever going to forgive him for being wrong about that? Are we ever going to care?

People like him cling to the one post that makes AV and other helpful folks look wrong. It validates them in some way. They tend to ignore all of the other ones that were proven to be correct and especially those that do not fit their personal agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back