Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a coach that will look Saban in the eye and say "Oooh he's an angry elf!"
We need a coach who believes he can win and coach these players up. For whatever reason we get a neutered coach by year 3, who everyone on the planet knows is a dead man walking. The kids, even the super talented ones,
Constantly missing routine plays. Roster and strength and condition mismanagement for miles. Just hire freeze or a proven winner similar to the Barnes basketball hire. I hate to add to the Gus chatter but he would fit that mold. I’d swing for a Peterson or Jim tressell/urban Meyer guy first but I’m sure that’s not happening unless someone at the top slings a 8 figure deal.
Edit: let’s bring in gus and keep Pruitt on as DC at his buyout salary. Gus wouldn’t get what he was making before anyways . Would this work? Probably not, but it’s fun to dream of better days ahead.

Go look at the top five classes and come back and let us know if you still think this is a very good class. It’s pretty average for SEC standards and competing. But compared to Vandy, KY, Mizzou, SC then yes it is pretty good.

I didn’t say it was great or elite, just good. That’s why we need players like Brooks.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
No. Bama is just massively cheating.

If there is anything I’ve learned from years of watching sports it’s that if something is too good to be true, too far outside the norm, then it is for a reason. I remember watching Javy Lopez standing on second looking jacked and the announcers talking about how he’d changed his body through diet and workouts. Roids.

Tiger Woods in 2005 at the US open and he was exploding out of his pink Nike polo. Roids.

Lance Armstrong winning 7 straight TDFs. Doping.

Louisville landing top recruits. Hookers and blow.

Hugh Freeze pulling 5* at Ole Miss. Cheating.

There is no way Bama recruits that much better than everyone else without cheating. Tuscaloosa is terrible. The entire state with maybe the exception of Fairhope and Huntsville, is awful. And, all Bama’s amazing recruiter assistants go elsewhere and are meh.
Everybody is cheating. It's isn't a separator of programs. I don't buy for a second that only Alabama is cheating, or Alabama is cheating at a level that far surpasses everyone else.

You don't think their recruiting has anything to do with how many games they win, plus it is a one-way ticket to the NFL? Their assistants are meh everywhere else they go because Saban hires people he values for their order-following abilities, not because they can build a process of their own. Saban and that A logo with the mullet does their recruiting for them, not because his assistants are so talented.

Based on forum talk it sounds like Fan Run Radio, Basilio, Jimmy Hyams, Ainge, Heather, and many many more are all clowns and an embarrassment to the university. Am i doing that right?

Is there a radio show/podcast that people universally think "hey now, this is credible and exactly what a radio show in knoxville needs to be saying!"? Outside of the short lived VN podcast, of course!

I thought so as well but it’s been swept under the rug up until now. If it stays that way he will stay. If it comes out then no way. Fulmer probably gone too.

But doesn't it seem that some or most booster's know about this? And if so isn't it already out to the ones that matter? Another words its already kind of out there among the power people isn't it?

Appreciate it guys. I hate bumping old posts when a thread is hot but that one got my attention. Like him or not, I believe JP's a strong family man and needs our prayers tonight.
What is this in regards to? Been really busy at work and just have not had time to read as much. I am having withdrawals.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Everybody is cheating. It's isn't a separator of programs. I don't buy for a second that only Alabama is cheating, or Alabama is cheating at a level that far surpasses everyone else.

You don't think their recruiting has anything to do with how many games they win, plus it is a one-way ticket to the NFL? Their assistants are meh everywhere else they go because Saban hires people he values for their order-following abilities, not because they can build a process of their own. Saban and that A logo with the mullet does their recruiting for them, not because his assistants are so talented.

This would make sense, except for the fact that Saban did this his first couple of years there too.

I'm not going to deny that at least in some respects Bama is selling itself at this point, but to deny that Bama has an entire network that begins in Tuscaloosa and moves into Birmingham and throughout the state that is totally committed to making sure Bama is good you are naive to the fullest. And yes - that includes cheating on a massive scale.

Other programs cheat too. It is a dirty underbelly fact of major colleget football. But Bama takes it to another level and it isn't a coincidence they have a long and distinguished history with the NCAA.

I also think Sankey, Emmert, etc...always looked the other way more with certain programs because of the money they bring in. It's also no different with programs like OSU. Clemson, etc.. Probably did with us as well in the '90s. It is what it is.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
This would make sense, except for the fact that Saban did this his first couple of years there too.

I'm not going to deny that at least in some respects Bama is selling itself at this point, but to deny that Bama has an entire network that begins in Tuscaloosa and moves into Birmingham and throughout the state that is totally committed to making sure Bama is good you are naive to the fullest. And yes - that includes cheating on a massive scale.

Other programs cheat too. It is a dirty underbelly fact of major colleget football. But Bama takes it to another level and it isn't a coincidence they have a long and distinguished history with the NCAA.

I also think Sankey, Emmert, etc...always looked the other way more with certain programs because of the money they bring in. It's also no different with programs like OSU. Clemson, etc.. Probably did with us as well in the '90s. It is what it is.
When did I deny that?

Based on forum talk it sounds like Fan Run Radio, Basilio, Jimmy Hyams, Ainge, Heather, and many many more are all clowns and an embarrassment to the university. Am i doing that right?

Is there a radio show/podcast that people universally think "hey now, this is credible and exactly what a radio show in knoxville needs to be saying!"? Outside of the short lived VN podcast, of course!
Fan run radio is garbage

Ainge wouldn't be so bad but he acts like a complete horses ass to anyone who doesn't agree with him

Basilio is good for entertainment purposes but he isn't everyone's cup of tea

Jimmy is just Jimmy, he's OK but don't expect him to go out on a limb

Reactions: Dudley Smith
If we had a choice between Malzahn and Freeze, who would you take?
Some food for thought..

Malzahn is:
3-3 vs Dan Mullen
3-5 vs Saban
1-6 vs Kirby
32-14 vs other SEC

Freeze is:
4-2 vs Mullen
2-4 vs Saban
13-15 vs everyone else

Malzahn is 40-28 in the SEC batting 0.59
Freeze is 19-21 (0.45)

My money would be on Gustavo!
Not disagreeing with you but don't you think Gus had more tools in the shed than freeze to work with? The argument could be made that Freeze did about the same with less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back