Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”

Ziti doing work with his bitcoin fortune.

Assuming Pruitt is retained, there will be some staff changes and those usually come with multiyear deals. So 12 months from now if you have to fire him will the cost be higher or lower? Seems like you’re on the hook for more at that point overall.

New DC and possibly OC, not looking good.
I really hope we don't do that. Throwing good money after bad, and spending money that will likely be needed a year from now for a new HC and staff. If you're keeping him, don't compound the problem by making it more expensive to get rid of him this time next year. Replace Weinke with Bobo for QB's, get a DL coach, and replace Niedermeyer if he's on his way out. If Friend's exorbitant contract is up this year, let him walk and bring in someone for half the price. Shouldn't be hard since Friend is getting top-5 OL coach money. Keep Ansley and Chaney and let them do their damn jobs, stop micromanaging them.

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”
AV with that FU money!

Boosters have been very vocal about firing Pruitt lately, and have been starting to lobby for Freeze hard. There's already heavy interest from Freeze's camp. Fulmer has done his best to keep them at bay, (boosters), but a blowout loss to A&M may seal his fate. I'm sure ATL Vol can attest to this.

One thing that may opt for another year for Pruitt, is that Fulmer has had daily conversations with Pruitt and about the projection of this team. And has backed him this year, although the coaching staff changes are not looking good. Does he see Pruitt as the guy who can take a huge step next year? Can he satisfy the big money guys for one more year of have they had enough?
1608319911308.gif

One of the wealthy guys on Volnation may have just came through.

I liked this because I want to believe it, but if Pruitt wants out, why would winning Saturday make a difference?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Enough to get the FBI looking at them. Weren't they accused of buying business through kickbacks or something like that?

Sure. Might even be true. Doesn't change the point that the characterization of Jimmy H as being a silver spoon guy who never did anything on his own is really not supported by facts.

Not if Pruitt thinks his job is on the line. And Phil knows his ass is too, so no they aren't just going to pull guys out.

Remember i said if The administration knows

Sure Pruitt could be hiding it from them.

but again you said he was caught and we really have no idea what’s happened at this point

Homerun:
Petersen (longest of shots, but would’ve been my first call since 2008)
Freeze (I just don’t see all the necessary people - either inside or outside the program - signing off)
Stoops (also longest of shots, but the article the other day got me thinking and gave me hope)
Campbell (giant killer)

In the park homerun-triple:
Sarkisian
Brown
O’Brien

Double:
Napier (he has beaten two of the other coaches on this list)
Fickell

Single:
Chadwell
Marrone
Quinn

Any of which would be an upgrade.

I feel like CJP and the coaching staff knows they are coaching for their job tomorrow, whether or not the outcome does have an affect on the decision. Same thing with the players. With that being said, it will be very interesting to see if they come out on fire, or if they just say “to hell with it” and sleep walk through the game
I think we have 3 assistant coaches who may have to worry more than some of the others. Those 3 will not be under contract and will not have to be bought out if terminated. Staff changes are probably coming but I think it may only be assistant staff changes only.

I get why people think it would look bad if he was fired after the death of his granddad, but it’s not like he is being put out on the streets.

Power 5 coaches live in a fantasy world where they get paid millions of dollars when they fail at their job.

My condolences to Pruitt’s family. I don’t dislike him, but he this is a bottom line business and he has failed. It’s been said, but you cannot afford to have a lame duck coach leading into 2021.
I was speaking of immediately after

Below 50%

Boosters are starting to get vocal, and Fulmer does not want to fire him, but he may have no choice.

In all honesty, what is the difference between a 3 point loss and 30 point loss at this point? Lol An L is and L and there's been way too many the past two years. Nightmare scenario is a close loss apparently. It proves nothing but apparently it does to some people? 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back