Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather it be that than get stuck with Pruitt for a lame year 5 because there are too many expensive buy outs to pay. Ive been on train we've paid up for who Pruitt wanted as assistants. Make him keep what he's got.

For sure. Surely this has to factor in when deciding whether or not to make a change in HC.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I can definitely see that point of view. Tennessee football needs its own Commissioner or at least a Dictator with a brain.
It's becoming more and more clear as time goes on that's the kind of figure Doug Dickey was, perhaps also Joe Johnson. We had influential boosters in those days too, but for whatever reason those guys were able to keep them in line and moving in the same direction.

There's also a chicken and the egg thing going on...were we good in those days because we had a good organization, or did we have a good organization because we were winning? Winning has a way of getting people to coexist with each other even if they don't like each other.

Tennessee does need a person like that again, whether it's an AD, a University President, or even a booster who commands respect from other boosters can calm unrest in the ranks (although given this current crop of boosters I don't think it'll come from there).

You literally just said there were posters who wanted to lose.

Wanting to lose is giving up. Giving up is for losers.

No. I said there were posters who can understand that one loss is the best thing long term for the program. It's not about giving up. Anyone that follows the program, how the hell have they given up? Lol fans are fans. I promise you, fans will be pleased with a win Saturday but if it results in Pruitt coming back, you'd be crazy not to think "Im not sure that was worth it." It's just a simple concept of "one win isn't worth several more embarrassing losses next year.". There is less than 1% chance Pruitt gets it done here now. If you want to ride or die on that 1% chance, cool. It doesn't make you more of a fan though, it makes you crazy. Is what it is.

You can't be serious with that post. Did SMU sit out the players they paid? How about LSU last year? You think Clemson got Trevor to come for free? Pruitt isn't going to pull his best players off the field. That just ignorance.
As far as Nieds if he's a dead man than he should be more vocal trying to save his job, trying to attract ELITE guys to Rocky top.

Wow

Well SMU got the death Penalty

And yes players all over the country have had their eligibility taken away after their schools found out. See memphis hoops last year

And no Pruitt wouldn’t be the person pulling them off the field.

Wow

Well SMU got the death Penalty

And yes players all over the country have had their eligibility taken away after their schools found out. See memphis hoops last year

And no Pruitt wouldn’t be the person pulling them off the field.
And neither would anyone above him. Thats an admission of guilt

No. I said there were posters who can understand that one loss is the best thing long term for the program. It's not about giving up. Anyone that follows the program, how the hell have they given up? Lol fans are fans. I promise you, fans will be pleased with a win Saturday but if it results in Pruitt coming back, you'd be crazy not to think "Im not sure that was worth it." It's just a simple concept of "one win isn't worth several more embarrassing losses next year.". There is less than 1% chance Pruitt gets it done here now. If you want to ride or die on that 1% chance, cool. It doesn't make you more of a fan though, it makes you crazy. Is what it is.

A loss now does not guarantee wins in the future.

That’s just now how things work, here, in the real world.

Anyone who desires a loss is a loser.

The end.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
A loss now does not guarantee wins in the future.

That’s just now how things work, here, in the real world.

Anyone who desires a loss is a loser.

The end.
It doesn't guarantee wins, but it seems like it gurantees a change especially a bad one. And with change comes hope. And this program needs hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back