Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homerun:
Petersen (longest of shots, but would’ve been my first call since 2008)
Freeze (I just don’t see all the necessary people - either inside or outside the program - signing off)
Stoops (also longest of shots, but the article the other day got me thinking and gave me hope)
Campbell (giant killer)

In the park homerun-triple:
Sarkisian
Brown
O’Brien

Double:
Napier (he has beaten two of the other coaches on this list)
Fickell

Single:
Chadwell
Marrone
Quinn

Any of which would be an upgrade.
Chadwell beat Napier

What would you consider a homerun that is not in the market right now but could be?

Freeze combined with the resources at UT and proven history of beating the big dogs in the conference is almost as sure thing as it gets IMO.

I don't know of one on the OPEN market right now. Examples would be the guy we face Saturday, when TAM got him. FSU before that. Mullen when he went to FL is another example, Harbaugh was when he went to Mich, but they do not always work out. Historically Majors when we got him. `Saban when LSU got him, Saban when AL got him. Brown when TX got him, Home growns like Dabo, maybe even Kirby are hard to predict. but they did not arrive with baggage to go with any success they brougt. Guys in the mold of Jeff Brohm and Scott Frost when hired would both have been considered homeruns at the press conference. Schiano, not so much similar to Freeze issues.

You know them when you see them, some come out of nowhere. They arrive with very few buts and no BIG BUTS. Hookers are BIG BUTS. If you don't believe that ask Pitino. Going head to head for prospects in the Liberty class is one thing, against the guys and the money where we have to go is another. Hiring an evil genius sounds fun.... don't think it works... not worth the risk,

Reactions: BDB88
Remember i said if The administration knows

Sure Pruitt could be hiding it from them.

but again you said he was caught and we really have no idea what’s happened at this point
And logical sense will tell you the admin knows. Name 1 time a coach got caught cheating and a booster or admin person wasn't involved.

In all honesty, what is the difference between a 3 point loss and 30 point loss at this point? Lol An L is and L and there's been way too many the past two years. Nightmare scenario is a close loss apparently. It proves nothing but apparently it does to some people? 🤦‍♂️

Moral victories are important

Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”

Ron, thanks for sharing as always. This is not directed at you, but these two things tell me this isn't accurate info.

Exactly where I am as well. The player development has been awful. The roster management has been worse. And when we lose it’s a blowout. In year 3.

I’m sorry but there’s absolutely no reason to keep him if we’re basing that decision on job performance. Not if a top tier winning football program is the goal, anyway. But if the goal is to be a bottom feeder in the SEC, sure, keep Pruitt for another couple years or more.

Sad.

Call me crazy, but I will never hope my team loses.

Pruitt’s future should not be dependent on 1 game after working here for 3 years. If the people that make these decisions use this 1 game to come to a conclusion, then they may need to be replaced, too.

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”
Seinfeld-Its-a-Festivus-Miracle.gif

I’ll take either and be happy.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
You've been around here long enough to know that anything goes when the natives are restless. I just wonder what percentage, of the current natives in here, came over from the FF? I'm gonna say a bunch.
I don't blame people for being upset, and a move probably does need to be made, but destroying a guy by spreading inside knowledge or just garbage rumors that some are privy to just to accomplish getting him out quicker is disgusting, and all it does is scare other prospective coaches away....it would me.

I can imagine the thought.."If I don't do well enough, or piss the wrong people off, they will use what we have to do to compete against me to justify firing me".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back