Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fulmer is an ego guy for sure. He wants to be front and center of the “I brought Tennessee back” discussion. He had rift with Majors, wins national title, now as AD doesn’t want to hire a proven winner. Yeah he just doesn’t want to be out done. I 100% believe he wants us to be elite again. I just think he wants it to be his guy to do it so he can take credit for it. Freeze is the best realistic option of a hire we’ve had in two decades.

That’s a huge ego. He can’t even settle for the “I brought in a proven winner and now the vols are back”.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”

Apparently message boards be like:

3FEF6883-4276-4CDA-9AB7-236E783F8714.jpeg
“YOU GET A SOURCE! AND YOU GET A SOURCE!! EVERYONE GETS A SOURCE!!!”

I somewhat struggle with the comment that boosters are COVERING FULMER'S MISTAKE. If I am not mistaken the mess was made PRIOR Fulmer. After that, what options did Fulmer realistically have? Maybe the lesser of 3 evils? I just think he needs to be giving the chance to make amends because he wasn't really put in a position to be successful.
I realize that there are rumors about "summer coverups", etc. that may change my stance but with no proof at this moment, this is where I stand.

I’m confused as to why people actually are wanting cheating rumors(which who knows where these even come from) to be true. You realize that would scare away any new coach you want? You want to paint a pretty picture for a coach not a **** hole. Lol. People have lost their minds here hoping we lose and get caught with something.

The general comments about he can’t develop players is blatantly false. Before this season everyone screamed about how good he was at this but now it’s opposite... what changed? Oh yeah no spring and training camp. Also everyone is focused on QB which is where the development sucks but that is because of only getting to see Jg all the time. We have good players all over the rest of the positions. Our issues on defense have been middle of field... guess what you got two running backs that didn’t get a spring or full training camp at MLB and lost Shamburger who was rated as a top Nickle last yr. issue on offense was solely a crappy QB. We have great talent at RB, WR and OL that have played well when given chance.

We should keep Pruitt. Winning six games next year and finishing with a 20-25 recruiting class will be awesome. Maybe we can give him another extension then. I mean we are a second rate program now and some of our fans are ok with that. Let’s just keep him.

Is 14 not close in your opinion? That’s the Vegas line. I haven’t seen where 90% of $ is going on A&M at all. Tony B had a guy from a gambling site that said he was on Tennessee w points and ML for xyz reasons but ultimately that A&M usually does not blow teams out because of Fisher’s offense. He said the ML pick was bc there was value on the odds.
No. This is year three. We should be losing by double digits to every good team. Shoot we’re losing to bad teams by that amount.

Reactions: JacketVol

The Boosters aren't some boy band. They're seldom in harmony. They do not vote in block. In fact, most don't vote at all. They have opinions. They express opinions. They provide input. Some of them help fund decisions. Decisions that, ultimately, are not made by them. For coaches that are not hired by them. After interviews that are not conducted by them. And vetting that is not handled by them.

Some want this guy. Others want that guy. Others say, "hey, we need these guys." Saying "The Boosters" have decided this or that after this or that creates the very false perception that all have the same opinion and want the same thing.

Imagine holding a grudge against Freeze because he cheated on his wife but she forgave him. Almost as bad as worrying about someone else’s money.
I seriously doubt anyone cares about his adultery, other than his family. It's how his personal life bled into his professional life and how his dishonesty in both ultimately led to his demise.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The Boosters aren't some boy band. They're seldom in harmony. They do not vote in block. In fact, most don't vote at all. They have opinions. They express opinions. They provide input. Some of them help fund decisions. Decisions that, ultimately, are not made by them. For coaches that are not hired by them. After interviews that are not conducted by them. And vetting that is not handled by them.

Some want this guy. Others want that guy. Others say, "hey, we need these guys." Saying "The Boosters" have decided this or that after this or that creates the very false perception that all have the same opinion and want the same thing.
So our administration seriously came to the conclusion that Schiano should be our coach and it wasn’t a booster?

Reactions: VolByLaw

People have differing opinions. Thanks captain obvious.

If all our boosters were in agreement, we would not be in the current position we're in as a program. Hell, I wish they were in agreement about something.

I really hope we have learned our lesson. We have good options this year, those options may not be available next year. This year, we would have one of the best jobs available. It is rare good options are available anyway and next year it is highly unlikely we will have the best job available. Our options in 2013 were Strong or Jones, options for for 2018 were Schiano, Doeren, Pruitt, Tucker, or Steele. 2021 options are at minimal Freeze, Sarkisian, or Napier.
I get what you're saying but all those mentioned are somewhat risky hires. I'm thinking a tier above those guys. Not saying we can get a coach better than what you mentioned but that was the premise of my hypothetical. If it meant that we could score a tier one coach, would you be willing to wait another year to change staffs? To me yes, I'd rather let Pruitt stay another year if it meant a better coach than the names that have been thrown out so far.

'They' or 'the boosters' is a nice clean easy way for binary minded people to refer to the unknown, but reality is rarely binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back