Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big reason to go with freeze over chadwell or Napier is that freeze has proven he can get it done in the SEC and win with less talent at multiple stops. The SEC is just an entirely different animal and winning at G5 schools doesn’t always translate. The talent difference in big games is huge compared to smaller schools were nobody on the field is going to give playcallers fits. In fact I’m almost in Freeze or wait mode because I’d rather have this staff (which is full of extremely experienced SEC coaches) for another year than go all in on a butch Jones rerun (in fact Butch’s resume was as good or better than some of the names being floated). You can always move on next year and give the next coach a solid roster to work with (just don’t give cornbread 5 years like we did with butch, that’s what sunk our roster).

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Because he’s a proven winner and he wants this job more than any other job. He understands the job.

He scores a lot of points. An exciting, innovative, offensive team is how you win these days and he knows how to do that.

He’s a strong leader. His players love him and he loves them.

He beat Saban multiple times while at OM with lesser talent. I hate Saban and Bama and he can beat them. Not many can say that.

He made mistakes and paid for them. And everyone loves a good redemption story like it would be if he came to UT and won.
two redemption stories for the price of one.....the resurrection of a once great program led by a once ostracized coach.

they make movies about that stuff.

Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”
Um, okay. Let's go.

Is this your first UT coaching search? You have to pace yourself, otherwise you will never last through the airplane tracking, Periscope broadcasting, mattress burning, twitter rampaging, legislature speaking searching that is all UT.

Bruh, @volatil has been posting sideways pics on here since 'Nam.

Latest VQ poster rumor...

“Unless something drastic happens, and Tennessee wins on Saturday, Pruitt is out. He wants out. Looks like some "young money" has come in to cover up Fulmer's mistake. Pruitt was not going to get fired at the taxpayer's expense. Younger boosters want Hugh Freeze, and older money wants Billy Napier.”
If this is true, then I think the most important information out of this is that we have some young money that is willing to step up to the plate. This might be huge for the future of our program. Also, if the young money is paying the buyout, then I am guessing the young money gets to have a lot of say-so in the next hire… Hugh Freeze, let’s ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back