Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’d love to come be developed by you Coach Weinke, but JoJo6818 over on VolNation dot com said you couldn’t coach yourself out of a wet paper bag.” Yeah ok.
Kids are not just choosing based off one coach or program.... they are choosing between 5-15 programs..... the atmosphere at the games.... on message boards.... twitter or anywhere else can have an effect on a recruits decision....Discussing poor season is different than some of the vitriol thrown around by Tennessee fans..... we attack some of our VFL’s...... people harassed JG’s family on social media. It all plays a part in a recruits choice.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Interesting

PRUITT NEEDS TIME TO GET HIS OWN PLAYERS. This is a frequent defense of the Pro-Pruitt faction that would like to see him get more time as Tennessee’s Head Football Coach. I looked at the latest depth chart released by the UTAD prior to the Texas A&M game. I think the results refute the above argument.

OFFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
-19 recruited by Jeremy Pruitt
spacer.gif
-6 recruited by Butch Jones
spacer.gif
-4 starters inherited from Butch Jones (TE-Princeton Fant; LT-Jahmir Johnson; LG-Trey Smith; WR-Josh Palmer)

DEFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
-20 recruited by Jeremy Pruitt
spacer.gif
-5 recruited by Butch Jones
spacer.gif
-3 starters inherited from Butch Jones (DE Matthew Butler; Jack LB Deandre Johnson; Star Theo Jackson)

Interesting

PRUITT NEEDS TIME TO GET HIS OWN PLAYERS. This is a frequent defense of the Pro-Pruitt faction that would like to see him get more time as Tennessee’s Head Football Coach. I looked at the latest depth chart released by the UTAD prior to the Texas A&M game. I think the results refute the above argument.

OFFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
-4 starters inherited from Butch Jones (TE-Princeton Fant; LT-Jahmir Johnson; LG-Trey Smith; WR-Josh Palmer)

DEFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
-3 starters inherited from Butch Jones (DE Matthew Butler; Jack LB Deandre Johnson; Star Theo Jackson)
No one on here is actually arguing for retaining him right? I mean, I’ve seen maybe 2-3 people

So by Hubbs and co’s logic we should be happy with getting blown out by the likes of Arkansas and Kentucky and only winning 3 games... Now pay $9.99

Most of the comments are "fire Pruitt".
As good as this basketball team is, and as bad as this football team has been for a long time, this is still a football school.

The day after we beat Gonzaga a few years ago, 75% of the VolTwitter chatter was about who Pruitt was going to hire as OC.

Anyone that supports whoever the coach is:
tenor.gif

This is the image that crosses my mind
I think when most people say they are supporting the coach they mainly mean they are supporting the team no matter the coach. Wouldn’t be too much a stickler on that one. Likely simple semantics to most.

So by Hubbs and co’s logic we should be happy with getting blown out by the likes of Arkansas and Kentucky and only winning 3 games... Now pay $9.99
They are probably freaked out
Brent wanted him gone
They will feel the impact and Brent knows it
He’s also just sick of losing as well

Interesting

OFFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

DEFENSE
spacer.gif
-25 players listed
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Those players were Sophmores or Freshman with no camp. Pruitt's first class was garbage because it was the first class of early signing period.

Development has been awful and I don't think it's going to change next year, but his first real class were under classmen last year.

This needs posted in the Anderson for the roster, to see. Then put up others in Phil's and Jeremy' s office. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Vol fans deserve CRB, coaches and basketball roster. We will support those guys and the program to the max. We admire the love within their family they have. The hard work, the intensity, the teamwork, the dedication - all Vol things. The winning happens because of those factors. The Vol BB program chose joy.

We orange blooded Vol fans know those truths and it has set us apart from the usual bandwagons and trolls. That's why we can spot posers and wannabes so quickly. We know what we know.

Apparently, it is too much to ask for UT officials and boosters to do the same for the football program since they are choosing daily to destroy it. We know they should choose joy, but to this point they have not. Which is why we will be revisiting this again this time next year if they continue down the same path.

No one on here is actually arguing for retaining him right? I mean, I’ve seen maybe 2-3 people
Yeah...I think the group, if there is one, that advocates Pruitt deserves to stay is very small.

The debate seems about how/why/when the decision is made/not made... Not if it should be made.

This needs posted in the Anderson for the roster, to see. Then put up others in Phil's and Jeremy' s office. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Vol fans deserve CRB, coaches and basketball roster. We will support those guys and the program to the max. We admire the love within their family they have. The hard work, the intensity, the teamwork, the dedication - all Vol things. The winning happens because of those factors. The Vol BB program chose joy.

We orange blooded Vol fans know those truths and it has set us apart from the usual bandwagons and trolls. That's why we can spot posers and wannabes so quickly. We know what we know.

Apparently, it is too much to ask for UT officials and boosters to do the same for the football program since they are choosing daily to destroy it. We know they should choose joy, but to this point they have not. Which is why we will be revisiting this again this time next year if they continue down the same path.
Tennessee football fans see basketball players helping up a teammate and say the football guys should do that. Meanwhile our football coach is down and the fans are yelling “kick him”

You know, it seems when insiders drive by with the ‘he’s staying’ news it is much more quickly accepted than when they drive by with the ‘he gone’ news. Nobody gets called a ‘gullible idiot’ after the bad news arrives, and nobody calls the person who believes the ‘he’s staying’ noise a gullible idiot, quite the opposite the people who believe the ‘he’s staying’ bits usually starting beating their chest and calling others stupid for ever believing the rumors to begin with, and those who believed the good rumors very quickly accept the new, bad rumors as fact. Well, I for one am still firmly in the ‘a decision has not been finalized’ camp, and I will be choosing joy until something official is stated otherwise.

A lot of the problem is that they were supposed to replace Fulmer with a permanent AD before Pruitt (or whoever had come out of that trainwreck) screwed up enough to where they needed to be fired. They never did and I doubt we get rid of both at the same time and come out of it winners.
When we lose to Pitt, the wheels will fall off. If life gets back to normal, the boos will be heard for miles. It will force UT’s hands as you can’t have every home game half full and fans only booing. If you fired both halfway through the season, it would give you plenty of time to find a replacement for AD and then the coach. Didn’t we hire a recent coach right when we hired another AD?

Was Phil really gonna let him walk?
I keep hearing this
It wasn't as simple as it's being made out to be.... Boyd stepped in and got the money, true. But it wasn't a case of Boyd pushing Phil out of the way like "get out of the way Phil, the adults are gonna talk now"

Fulmer was part of the process of retaining Barnes. He needed help to do so. He got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back