Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kentucky fans apparently are trying to act like the Bball Vols aren’t all that good. Said we aren’t in the same stratosphere as Baylor or Gonzaga.
I was just busting my sister’s chops this morning, as she is a UK fan, and was giving me a hard time over the weekend that we have not played anyone yet, and that last night will be a different story. Lol! I texted her this morning and asked her if beating the #12 team on the road by 20, and the game was never in doubt after 5 mins was pretty good. Told her I know they aren’t as elite as Richmond and Georgia Tech, but not many teams are. Lol! She didn’t like that to say the least.

Such a stark contrast to our football team and culture. You know, I’m to the point where I’d take Chadwell (just named coach of the year) if it meant instilling a new culture into our program. Butch tried but he was a walking catchphrase. Chadwell is from here and loves TN AND he’s a good coach. I think he could win, but I’m just tired of the losing/loser mentality that permeates the TN locker room as a whole. Obviously not all the players but as a group.

Those players were Sophmores or Freshman with no camp. Pruitt's first class was garbage because it was the first class of early signing period.

Development has been awful and I don't think it's going to change next year, but his first real class were under classmen last year.
Which of the sophomores played batter this year than last? Not many, if any did.

I haven’t posted in here since the last coaching search, but it seems everything works in cycles. We ask the same questions of the administration and get the same answers or lack there of. I want our team to be champions just like any of you. However, I think it is absolutely asinine to wish our team and our players ill fate. The best thing for this program is not another coaching search but for Pruitt to right the ship and become the man. I don’t know yet if he can, but if he is here I will be rooting as hard as I ever do for this team to be successful. Not a single person on the hill desires/deserves a lack of success. I admit coaching searches have some appeal and excitement but I am sick and tired of them.

Just my thoughts as unpopular as they may be.

Such a stark contrast to our football team and culture. You know, I’m to the point where I’d take Chadwell (just named coach of the year) if it meant instilling a new culture into our program. Butch tried but he was a walking catchphrase. Chadwell is from here and loves TN AND he’s a good coach. I think he could win, but I’m just tired of the losing/loser mentality that permeates the TN locker room as a whole. Obviously not all the players but as a group.
It’s cultural, I believe this is a major percentage of the issues with our football program.
If I’m searching for a new coach I go after a guy that knows how to build great culture with accountability. The best guy is Campbell, but that’s not happening. I can see this in Chadwell, and freeze is good at this as well. Napier, no clue.

Reactions: revjayp
So now you’re on to “kick him!” With Maurer.
You’re an awesome person
Maurer is struggling with mental issues, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc... He’s not the go to guy right now for feeling out the team as a whole. BTW, I wish nothing but the best for Maurer and want him to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back