Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it seems when insiders drive by with the ‘he’s staying’ news it is much more quickly accepted than when they drive by with the ‘he gone’ news. Nobody gets called a ‘gullible idiot’ after the bad news arrives, and nobody calls the person who believes the ‘he’s staying’ noise a gullible idiot, quite the opposite the people who believe the ‘he’s staying’ bits usually starting beating their chest and calling others stupid for ever believing the rumors to begin with, and those who believed the good rumors very quickly accept the new, bad rumors as fact. Well, I for one am still firmly in the ‘a decision has not been finalized’ camp, and I will be choosing joy until something official is stated otherwise.
Well I hope I’m wrong but if Hubbs was reporting that Pruitt made calls to do interviews for new assistant coaches then I’d say he’s staying.

You’re going on ignore
Oh no.....how will I survive?!?!?

nobody believes that when you weaklings say that. If it were true you would not feel the need to tell us how much you don’t care. If you could ignore me then you would not have felt the need to respond in the first place.

E7ECFC6B-BFC2-4FAF-8AEF-1D7A1B17D68C.gif

I haven’t posted in here since the last coaching search, but it seems everything works in cycles. We ask the same questions of the administration and get the same answers or lack there of. I want our team to be champions just like any of you. However, I think it is absolutely asinine to wish our team and our players ill fate. The best thing for this program is not another coaching search but for Pruitt to right the ship and become the man. I don’t know yet if he can, but if he is here I will be rooting as hard as I ever do for this team to be successful. Not a single person on the hill desires/deserves a lack of success. I admit coaching searches have some appeal and excitement but I am sick and tired of them.

Just my thoughts as unpopular as they may be.
Sick and tired of coaching searches but not sick and tired of a 3-7 record in year 3 therein lies the problem with the administration, and im not bashing you specifically I just think accepting failure is way worse than trying to change it but that’s just me..

Reactions: Catbone
I get your point but tbh I don’t think there’s many of us that have an actually dislike for Pruitt, we just want a competitive fire from him & a competitive result on the field.
The criticism of his performance is fair. I don’t think he’s going to when big as a coach and it’s likely time to try someone else. However....... He’s clearly been given another year so it’s my hope that he can figure it out.

Did Pitts and Toney help their draft stock by watching the Gators get embarrassed on TV? Their poor QB probably lost his Heisman
I think the noticeable impact of their absence will only shoot them up pre-combine draft boards.

Which of the sophomores played batter this year than last? Not many, if any did.
ah ha! that's exactly right.

and i'm betting missing the entire off season was a large part why. again, at the risk of coming off like a defender of all things pruitt, i'll still not discount how big a deal it was for the 2019 class NOT to get the off season in between year 1 and 2. that was a lot bigger than most will admit, because your post is exactly right.....

everyone always talks about that year 1 to year 2 gap as the most important in a tenure, be it coaches or players, it's readily accepted that year 1 to year 2 is where you usually see the biggest improvement.

and that 2019 class got nada, zero, zilch of that.....

Apparently Boyd made the move to keep him, Fulmer did not think he was worth the investment.
If you look at that decision, almost every UT fan didn't like the call to pay Barnes $5 Million. At the time, his recruiting was really suspect and it was not a good look for him to be flirting with UCLA. So, Fulmer wasn't the only one in that boat.

Reactions: Rishvol
maybe drop Trask in the process? thanks, teammate.
#gatorculture
The fact that he’s a high school backup who’s most likely (at worst) a second day draft pick, merits some gratitude. He could’ve set bowl records and it wouldn’t have affected what the Shorts Olympics and Pro Day workouts do for his stock. It’s all in the nerds hands now.

You know what, I think you might be right.
There was probably a silent search for a viable candidate and we were turned down
So they decided to keep him for another year
Meanwhile, freeze has been begging for a chance
The problem with this choice to wait is that there are going to be even fewer viable candidates next year, and we will be one more year down the road with a lot of losses, defections and no talent development.

The problem with this choice to wait is that there are going to be even fewer viable candidates next year, and we will be one more year down the road with a lot of losses, defections and no talent development.
I totally agree
I’m not happy with the current thought process of the administration

Reactions: drvenner
Anyone that supports whoever the coach is:
tenor.gif

This is the image that crosses my mind
I don't support the coach, I support the team. I'm still curious how and why you think Maurer is "mentally incapacitated"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back