Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know why he lost them too. I would guess it’s more than just “not getting along.” I’m sure Pruitt emphasizes recruiting, and a couple that left did not want to recruit that hard. But they were good developers of talent.
I'm not sure why they left either, but I'd rather have the developer than the regression with guys that are straight recruiters. What good are highly rated players if they were better prepared in high school than they are here?
Guys like Bo Davis, that is supposed to be good at both, probably aren't coming here now.

Reactions: Devo182
I'm not sure why they left either, but I'd rather have the developer than the regression with guys that are straight recruiters. What good are highly rated players if they were better prepared in high school than they are here?
Guys like Bo Davis, that is supposed to be good at both, probably aren't coming here now.

Don’t disagree, but we need talent to play with the big boys. Jay Hardy was a head case, but I think it was well known that Rocker wasn’t putting in the work.

Imma go full on sunshine pumper just to have a change of pace around here.
Lol.
Salter will be in New York for the Heisman presentation

Toots wins the Bednarik award

Hyatt wins the Biletnikoff

Boatrace UF

Lose 1 regular season game and SECC, win NY6 bowl to finish 12-2

Finish with a top 3 class

Preseason #5 2022

IMG_20201211_124931.jpg

See, we've found some good things to say about Pruitt.

He cares about his players.

His players like and respect him.

Saban's demeanor is worse.

Plus, he has a really nice family and seems to be a caring father.

And he was willing to part ways with Friend.

Always good to ring in the new year with positive thoughts.
I don't know why but I laughed, probably because I assumed a sarcastic tone.

Now you tell me. 🤦‍♂️

HAHA! Sorry. See that way you get to have your fun pulling a prank on her and then booom you hit her with a good one and you get bot sides and she is so happy about the good gift she has forgotten about the prank one. Works ever time women are suckers for that one ask Sweetsoda and Smokingbob LOL

I’m not denying he was a great prospect but the QB classes will have 5 stars in it every year... doesn’t mean they are the same caliber of prospects.
I agree, but surely the "quarterback whisperer" doesn't have to worry about making chicken salad out of...chicken salad..🤷‍♂️

So the assumption is Pruitt is going to be here. For me then, the question is what's next. Not gonna waste time bitching about decisions that have been made or replaying the past. So where do we go from here? Need to get OL and DL coaches hired ASAP ( cue the whiny, "no one's gonna want to work here" gripes). Need to decide on remaining assistants and look for areas to finish strong in Recruiting. In my opinion, need to simplify both sides of the ball. Keep current players out of the portal and look for possible help there. HAPPY NEW YEAR. GOD BLESS!!

Sherrer and Rumph
Yeup, good call. I’d say of those neids was definitely an upgrade in recruiting but a downgrade on the field. Shelton Felton it’s a little hard to say right now given the limited time he had with them, but they definitely need to be more productive next year.

Shouldn’t take 3 years to find an upgrade if he’s that bad.
Uhmm..context..that "first year" doesn't count for anybody that has any sense..second year he got a talented E11 kid with a lot of potential that turns out to have some tragic problems that I know are hard to understand..third year he got a top QB prospect and then promptly lost almost ALL offseason development time thanks to a once a century global pandemic shutting the world down..

Those are not excuses..those are the facts like them or not. You could say he should have invested everything into Shrout late last year, and all this year after his first two years dealing with JG.

Just a thought. Does the lack of winning as a HC correlate with not communicating well, if at all, at this level? Seems to me it would impact relationships internally within the program as well as externally. Are his assistants allowed the opportunity to contest his decisions? Does he solicit input from them, or does he simply rule on what they ask or discuss?

Not seeing the high profile recruits knocking our doors down to play for Conbread. If he was all he was reported to be as a DC, why would some of the best not want to play for the guy? UT and the Knoxville area have a lot to offer as a student and afterwards.

I don't know, just asking questions. Inquiring minds want to know. Aight?
The questions you pose determine the quality/character of a leader. Unfortunately based on the comments I’ve seen CJP has no leadership skills and lacks the desire to develop said skills.

Reactions: Vols4us
I thought Blackburn kinda screwed the pooch and that took him out of the conversation of becoming UT's AD

The story I read/heard was that a plane was essentially on its way to pick up Wittingham when Anderson quashed it because he didn’t think he’d be a good “cultural fit.” Blackburn called him out over the foolishness of it all, and so Anderson has effectively blackballed him ever since.

I think he then texted some ill-advised things when it became apparent he wouldn’t be under consideration as AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back