Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team is still missing a 6’10 6’11 beast down low. Would love to have a player with uros height but actual size to them. Anisike is too short. He’s like Grant Williams Height but way less athletic.
Our defensive philosophy actually prefers a lineup full of 6'6 - 6'9 guys that can constantly switch or rotate out off help onto any player. Now if you are taking about a 7'0 that can also switch onto perimeter players then yes we could use that. Those don't grow on trees unfortunately.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
SAIP but AP said in the podcast UT needs to sign a minimum of 10 instate guys in the 22’ class and potentially could sign more. Stating the obvious but added UT needs to recruit the state better not just the 22’ class.
VQ is banking a lot on this in state class, but there are two guys in the top 100 and like 7 in the top 250. They'll pretty much need to bat 1.000 and still do well in out of state to have a class that can compete against the very top SEC teams. UGA already has a 5* and 4 4*s for next season and there are 12 top 100 players in state next year. Gonna have steal some of those guys too.

iu
What if Weinke is a good coach, JG was just that bad.

Our defensive philosophy actually prefers a lineup full of 6'6 - 6'9 guys that can constantly switch or rotate out off help onto any player. Now if you are taking about a 7'0 that can also switch onto perimeter players then yes we could use that. Those don't grow on trees unfortunately.
I agree. Reminds me a lot of the warriors teams when green would play 5 defensively except we don’t have an absolute liability like curry was but the switching is spot on.

QB: Bailey, Salter
RB: Gray, Small/Evans
WR: Hyatt, Wideman
WR: Calloway, Holiday
WR: Jones, Tillman
TE: Fant, Warren
LT: Morris, Johnson
LG: Spraggins, Akporoghene
C: Mays, Carvin
RG: Mays, Locklear
RT: Wright, Calbert

DT: Solomon, Emerson
DE: Middleton, Butler
NT: Thomas, Simmons
EDGE: Baron, Brooks
RUSH: Harrison, Joseph
OLB: Crouch, Banks
ILB: To’o To’o, Eason
STAR: Jackson, Slaughter
CB: Taylor, George
CB: Thompson, Burrell
SS: McCollough, McDonald
FS: Lawrence, Flowers

P: Brooks
K: Cimaglia

Probably missing someone but my guess at potential 2 deep to start the year.

It’s sad when we have Cade Mays coming back and signing brooks and it’s hard to get excited about next year unless we make a coaching change.
I would be more excited about Brooks if Deandre stayed. I don’t want all new edge players outside of barren/Joseph who are still very raw and unproven.

Suck it up and grind it out. Quit looking for someone to hand it to you on a platter. Either pick up your pace (yes, from me and that’s hypocritical) or jump ahead and deal with knowing that you missed the posts that are essentially variations on the recurring theme of Freeze/Pruitt/Fulmer/I’m done/Dog pictures...
giphy.gif

What if Weinke is a good coach, JG was just that bad.
If Weinke was a good coach, Shrout or Maurer would have developed into a good enough QB to take JG's job. Instead, Maurer regressed, Shrout didn't improve, and even Bailey looked worse against A&M than he did in his first start. He was showing signs of regression. On top of that Weinke can't recruit either. He offers nothing of value.

That’s exactly what they said. The foundation of every class needs to be built with instate guys. Then dip into the surrounding states to finish the class off.
Who cares where a kid is from?

I just randomly chose a top team (Clemson) and looked at their class...they have ONE SC player. It is meaningless. Dabo gets that.

BUT, if a HC wants to do that, then by all means do so. I just hate this thing where he is being told to focus on that more. Does anyone at UT understand hiring someone and letting them do their job? We are micromanagement central smh.

Honestly tho... i can probably talk myself into 8-4 next year if Chaney is gone.
It's funny that some think that's unrealistic. I mean he went 8-4 last year with JG for crying out loud. I believe what I said is a very possible scenario, especially if HB/Salter turn out to be really good. A good QB can cover a lot of sins. See Jones, Butch. I do agree he needs to move on from Chaney, but he isn't going to.

Reactions: scvolfan7
If Weinke was a good coach, Shrout or Maurer would have developed into a good enough QB to take JG's job. Instead, Maurer regressed, Shrout didn't improve, and even Bailey looked worse against A&M than he did in his first start. He was showing signs of regression. On top of that Weinke can't recruit either. He offers nothing of value.
But what if with a full off season Bailey is good this year, and we get Nolan who transferred to IMG?

Does competent QB stop offenses from gaining a thousand yards against us?
Yes. Competent QB play means we aren't going 3&out and thus keeps the ball out of the opposing offense's hands. Thus limiting their time of possession and possibility to put up lots of yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back