Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think (and this depends on staff / I will make adjustments based on final staff changes) that 6-6/7-5 is our floor for 2021 in a 12 game schedule. Those 4 games you mentioned as losses I think are what we would be underdogs in. The rest I think we would be favored in outside of someone like UK based on when the schedule comes out for us to play them.

Once final staff has been made, assuming Pruitt gets retained, I will be happy to revisit and revise
Am I the only one that realizes ole miss only won 4 games this season..... the biggest win they had this season was a 1 point victory against Kentucky.....they keep getting pumped in with Alabama, LSU, and Florida.

Am I the only one that realizes ole miss only won 4 games this season..... the biggest win they had this season was a 1 point victory against Kentucky.....they keep getting pumped in with Alabama, LSU, and Florida.
People see an explosive offense and figure if they can field a halfway decent defense, the wins will come.

Reactions: volbeast33
Pruitt staying.

Massive staff changes incoming.

Time will tell if it looks like 2012/2017 or something else. Typically hard for a staff overhaul to succeed out of the gates.

Only glimmer of hope is we have time to line up a successful replacement. If nothing else, that bucks the trend for the previous 3 hires.

Reactions: JacketVol and tnktm
We would lose to Mizzou right now. We were lucky we caught them early. KY skull dragged us on our own field. We play up there next season. Pitt is a very good team. We should beat KY and SC. Don't see us beating more than one of KY, MO, or Pitt. MO is at their place too. If you would set the O/U at 7, I'd take the under, all day, everyday.

Well the season is over. This year’s team and this year’s Mizzou have nothing to do with 2021’s roster and depth charts.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Mental health is no joke. I've suffered with anxiety and depression in the past. It never really goes away completely. Hope he's in a good place now
Recently lost my BIL to mental illness. You are correct, it’s no joke. I hope you stay in better place friend. Mental illness has to break through the social ceiling of negative stigma.

If Ole Miss had a shell of a competent defense, they would have won 7-8 games.

LSU, Auburn, and Florida were all shootouts where Ole Miss had no defense.

Regardless, Ole Miss is likely the second best offense in the league second to Bama. They will hang monster points for a few seasons. If they get a defense, they will win a lot of games.

Also Kiffin is a solid coach. People hate the guy but he’s a brilliant offensive coach and will hang mad offensive numbers

Its interesting to see how they rank these guys in the portal. A lot of our guys that are in there show up with the best available. They have JG as the 2nd best transfer QB. Pope and Lowe are in the top TE targets, Brandon Johnson in the WRs. They haven't done most positions yet, but there is no way Pruitt can be selling that his plan for turning this around is landing some transfers like has been hinted at. There just aren't impact players there. The TE from La-Monroe sounds like a good player though. Robinson from South Carolina would be one of the best defenders, but he's not an elite player.

Rivals.com - Transfer Tracker: Top available TEs in the portal

They had the best offense in the country for P5 teams. If they can get any defense they will be very good. It sounds like Bo Davis is probably headed there so thats a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back