ILB: To’o To’o, Eason
STAR: Jackson, Slaughter
CB: Taylor, George
CB: Thompson, Burrell
SS: McCollough, McDonald
FS: Lawrence, Flowers

P: Brooks
K: Cimaglia

Probably missing someone but my guess at potential 2 deep to start the year.

I would change around a couple of guys but that's a solid 2 deep projection...

Do you really think our roster will be better next year?

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING BELOW IS BASED ON PRUITT GETTING YEAR 4

Yes. JG won’t be the QB and we are still securing good recruits.

I think the Brooks commitment not being leaked when Pruitt had a rough week was a tell tell sign of things weren’t falling apart in the recruiting trail. I think Lewis is likely to wind up here as he said he has signed but will make an announcement on 1/2. Id have to think if he didn’t sign with us, it would have been leaked already.

Pruitt’s biggest and most important offseason moves will be replacing Friend with a quality O Line Coach or letting Chaney take over and Pruitt hiring an actual QB coach.

His second biggest decision will be S&C. I think Artis was given an impossible task when he was promoted, but at the same time, Pruitt had no choice given the timing of Fitz’s departure. He left right as spring camp got shutdown and practices and in person workouts got shutdown. How do you replace your S&C coach with someone who’s going to be different at a time where you can’t meet with team for workouts and practices? Artis was dealt a crappy hand and he showed he wasn’t the guy. Not his fault but he’s victim of circumstances. Pruitt had to hire a proven coach there.

Make two solid hires there and finish off recruiting and transfer portal and I honestly believe our roster will be better than this year. Remember a bulk of our problems this year on defense were multiplied because the offense under JG was non existent. Now that is Pruitt’s decision. However, Bailey showed more flashes in his limited time than JG ever did as freshman. I also trust Chaney’s track record with younger QB’s.

Finish recruiting and transfer strong and make two solid hires and we will be better off.

Mental health is no joke. I've suffered with anxiety and depression in the past. It never really goes away completely. Hope he's in a good place now

Facts my dude I plan stuff out all the time then realize my parents would be devastated so I can't do it. Constant struggle

I applaud you for your optimism but please forgive me for not sharing it. We still have glaring holes on defense that wasn't addressed in recruiting. We'll probably snag some real football teams rejects off the portal. Who knows? Maybe the guru can teach how to cover a slant in another year. Kudos to you though , but I've seen this movie many times and it always ends the same way.

Its interesting to see how they rank these guys in the portal. A lot of our guys that are in there show up with the best available. They have JG as the 2nd best transfer QB. Pope and Lowe are in the top TE targets, Brandon Johnson in the WRs. They haven't done most positions yet, but there is no way Pruitt can be selling that his plan for turning this around is landing some transfers like has been hinted at. There just aren't impact players there. The TE from La-Monroe sounds like a good player though. Robinson from South Carolina would be one of the best defenders, but he's not an elite player.

Rivals.com - Transfer Tracker: Top available TEs in the portal
I believe the thinking is more transfers will flood the portal once we truly reach the off season and the new transfer rule is likely passed.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
So?...we still would have torn him to shreds and hated him.

Yeah it wasn’t all peaches and cream between him and the fans back then either, hence he coined the term Legions of the Miserable (LOM). I was just giving you some reasons why he deserved a much longer leash than Pruitt does.

Last edited:
Or it will just continue to look pretty and they will still lose.
Maybe, they return something like 9 or 10 starters on offense though and it will be their 2nd year in the system. They will be good next season, even if they just moderately improve on defense. They'll probably beat Indiana and finish 5-5 this year (they only played 9 games).

No...but he did the hard work of rebuilding the program. We truly may never be worth a damn again because we will never give anyone the time to do it.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind expected Pruitt to compete for the east before year 5, but there should be progress by year 3. Pruitt has nothing tangible to hang his hat on in the way of progress.

As soon as you know a guy is not the one, you’ve got to make a change or you are fooling around and digging that hole that much deeper. Most of our biggest rivals (FL, GA, Auburn) have recently fired guys coming off winning seasons, they are not fooling around. Failing to give an inept coach more time is not the reason we keep falling further behind these guys, inept decision-making is.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
Facts my dude I plan stuff out all the time then realize my parents would be devastated so I can't do it. Constant struggle
I don't really know you, Cat, but I will pray for you. You are not alone and people you don't know care about you. Do you have friends you can talk with about everything?

Mental health is no joke. I've suffered with anxiety and depression in the past. It never really goes away completely. Hope he's in a good place now
You’re right on the mental health. I have a bucket of issues. Recently, learned that I can’t drink in public without having a panic attack. I struggle daily with PTSD, Anxiety, and depression.

I applaud you for your optimism but please forgive me for not sharing it. We still have glaring holes on defense that wasn't addressed in recruiting. We'll probably snag some real football teams rejects off the portal. Who knows? Maybe the guru can teach how to cover a slant in another year. Kudos to you though , but I've seen this movie many times and it always ends the same way.
I'm hoping between Brooks and Young signing, and with guys like MoJo already on the team, maybe we can find an Edge rusher. Might depend on who the new coaching hires are and if they can develop some players. Still need someone on the inside to help out Toot, that can cover those slant plays. Maybe Willis can do that, but it's a hard position to come in and do that as a freshman. And who knows what the secondary will look like? Hoping a good corner hits the transfer market and comes here.

I believe the thinking is more transfers will flood the portal once we truly reach the off season and the new transfer rule is likely passed.
Could be. I just dont see why impact guys are going to leave where they are if they are successful unless they have a coaching change or something. Then if they do you have to compete with everyone else for them. You just have to get lucky like LSU did and that was all pure luck.

Call me crazy or call me an optimist, but I think we turn it around next year.

I am getting very excited about this team.

We got the pieces and I think with solid QB play we will see a much different team.

Can’t wait.
We really missed Callaway, Jennings, Bituli, and Warrior. I agree, and think we will be improved with better QB play next year.

Fulmer may go with him.
He’s gone next year too when Pruitt is fired. No doubt. I think that’s a big reason we aren’t moving on from Pruitt now. They’re gonna let Pruitt and Fulmer go down and get them both out at the same time instead of just one right now.

Everyone knows Pruitt isn’t going to get it done but one more year means a complete gut and start over. Hopefully, we knock it out of the park.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back