Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy or call me an optimist, but I think we turn it around next year.

I am getting very excited about this team.

We got the pieces and I think with solid QB play we will see a much different team.

Can’t wait.
All comes down to QB. Definitely get a vibe that next year is surprisingly ok

Maybe, they return something like 9 or 10 starters on offense though and it will be their 2nd year in the system. They will be good next season, even if they just moderately improve on defense. They'll probably beat Indiana and finish 5-5 this year (they only played 9 games).
Yeah but their 4 wins were Kentucky, South Carolina, Vandy, and Miss State..... they lost by 12 to 3 win Arkansas.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I don’t think anyone in their right mind expected Pruitt to compete for the east before year 5, but there should be progress by year 3. Pruitt has nothing tangible to hang his hat on in the way of progress.

As soon as you know a guy is not the one, you’ve got to make a change or you are fooling around and wasting time. Most of our biggest rivals (FL, GA, Auburn) have recently fired guys coming off winning seasons, they are not fooling around and wasting time. Giving an inept coach more time is not the reason we keep falling further behind these guys, inept decision-making is.

We are fans of a tradition rich football program. Does not mean they are always good traditions....

Meet y'all back here this time next year as we discuss the same things we are discussing now. Counting on all of you still on here to make sure you shut the door and lock it as 2020 exits. If you want to shoot it in the head first, feel free.

Happy New Year, wish better days for all of you this next year.

You’re right on the mental health. I have a bucket of issues. Recently, learned that I can’t drink in public without having a panic attack. I struggle daily with PTSD, Anxiety, and depression.
Mental issues are more prevalent than people care to admit, but they still carry a stigma that makes most scared to talk about it. I have my own between depression and anxiety, which have only gotten worse as my physical health has gone downhill. That's why I called out that one poster earlier today for calling Maurer "mentally incapacitated". It pisses me off when someone tries to invalidate another's opinion by attacking their legitimate mental well-being.

I truly believe Pruitt will return. Phil has been gathering support behind the scenes. Pruitt has laid out a plan and Phil has convinced the powers that be to give Pruitt one more year. Ultimately Plowman will make the final call, but from what I gather without a change of heart, he will return. An agreement on what direction to go if we did make a change wasn’t occurring which plays a big part in this decision. Pruitt also has a great relationship with many in the 22 class. He also thinks he has some difference makers ready to transfer. I think Phil has also convinced Pruitt he needs to be more hands off and let his coaches coach...we will see. Just wanted to put my 2 cents out there as I was almost positive we were making a change.
-BabyVol15

What a sad @$$ reason to maintain status quo.

This right here is exactly why we still are where we are. Looks like they’d eventually figure out they need to set their egos aside and get the h377 out of their own way in order to right this thing.

That is precisely what has paralyzed us since Dickey retired. The factions are more interested in infighting and will not cede power for an AD to effectively go out, hire, and manage the program.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind expected Pruitt to compete for the east before year 5, but there should be progress by year 3. Pruitt has nothing tangible to hang his hat on in the way of progress.

As soon as you know a guy is not the one, you’ve got to make a change or you are fooling around and digging that hole that much deeper. Most of our biggest rivals (FL, GA, Auburn) have recently fired guys coming off winning seasons, they are not fooling around. Failing to give an inept coach more time is not the reason we keep falling further behind these guys, inept decision-making is.

With social media and savvy generation, the nature of recruiting doesn’t allow very much of a window to find success either. If you are still jacking around winning 6 or 7 wins a year in year 6 or 7, the real difference makers are not gonna jump on board.

Could be. I just dont see why impact guys are going to leave where they are if they are successful unless they have a coaching change or something. Then if they do you have to compete with everyone else for them. You just have to get lucky like LSU did and that was all pure luck.
Some of it is guys who went to lesser schools that have shown themselves to be better players than first thought. Some have coaching change factors. Some just decide they need a change in scenery. Some are great players stuck behind even better players.

Bulleit bourbon is overpriced low grade. You can do better for half the price.........

Now back to your regular scheduled meltdown.

Mental issues are more prevalent than people care to admit, but they still carry a stigma that makes most scared to talk about it. I have my own between depression and anxiety, which have only gotten worse as my physical health has gone downhill. That's why I called out that one poster earlier today for calling Maurer "mentally incapacitated". It pisses me off when someone tries to invalidate another's opinion by attacking their legitimate mental well-being.
same here with my issues (anxiety/depression) and I wish it on no one. Just keep battling and talk to anyone that you can. I have fought since jr high and I am not a spring chicken either.

All comes down to QB. Definitely get a vibe that next year is surprisingly ok
Luckily the East is not good. It would be in our best interest for Pruitt to find a way to 8-9 wins and lock up a solid 2022 class. I don’t have much faith he can make the offense better and play our players in correct positions. I think we win 6, but we need him to win 8. We have enough talent to win 8-9.

That is precisely what has paralyzed us since Dickey retired. The factions are more interested in infighting and will not cede power for an AD to effectively go out, hire, and manage the program.

Looks like they’d eventually get tired of failing miserably and get out of their own way. Or somebody with enough clout would finally step up and say this is what we’ve got to do.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back