Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the OL coach candidate Pugh from Auburn. He was mean but considered a cheap shot artist. I know nothing of him as a coach but I do remember him being a "dirty" player, taking shots at players knees etc.

I'm sure this would get used against him in recruiting, dressing up in blackface.

Turner was fired from Miami because of the Jonathan Martin stuff and suspended from A&M for showing sexist slides to a women's clinic.

PERHAPS HE WAS JUST DOING A TROPIC THUNDER THING

I dont see anyone coaching on 1 year deals

That’s why money given is interesting. I can’t see Plowman OKing big boy money on a two year deal with writing on the wall. Plus I think that the candidate pool will leave a lot to be desired. We will have 4 openings at least, a lot of openings.

That’s why money given is interesting. I can’t see Plowman OKing big boy money on a two year deal with writing on the wall. Plus I think that the candidate pool will leave a lot to be desired. We will have 4 openings at least, a lot of openings.
Offer big two year deals and the buyouts come out of Pruitts. He can either bet on himself or accept a tough hill to climb.

Tennessee Vols: Always a year too late

And this is exactly why we should be already searching for his replacement with him already being back at Bama as DC. If you are bringing him back, then you have to fully support him with big boy money and 2 year deals. You can’t be cheap and offer one year deals. If you do, then go ahead and fire him now, because it’s guaranteed we will be in the same position in about 10 months. Once again as we have been saying over and over, we have been in this same position the last 2 coaches, and instead of firing them when we should have, we floated them along another year, and hired cheap assistants with one year contracts. It all resulted in still firing them, but a year too late, and we had complete rebuilds with no one wanting to coach here. Our administration and donors are so blind to not see it is happening for a 3rd time!!!

Imo...... we should have made Jeremy sit down show us his plan for this next year and future years.... if we believed in it and decided to keep him then we should give him every single resource that we can to help him be successful..... if he still fails, we should be prepared to absorb that financial burden as we move on to the next coach.

may as well fill the open slots with GA's and Quality Control analysts.....keep the existing assistant's on staff until contracts expire.

—BabyVol15
I think Pruitt can be a good head coach, but I’m convinced he can’t be that doing things the way he has. My number one concern is I don’t think he will really change his approach to be more hands off and less of a phallus arm with his staff. Phil thinks so... prove it to me, but I would have pulled that plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back