Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night we were going to win at least 9 to 10 games, this morning wanting to fill assistants with GAs and quality control. What’s changed now

I think Pruitt can be a good head coach, but I’m convinced he can’t be that doing things the way he has. My number one concern is I don’t think he will really change his approach to be more hands off and less of a phallus arm with his staff. Phil thinks so... prove it to me, but I would have pulled that plug
Agreed. The narrative between year 1 and 2 was that he was learning and growing into the shoes. Year 3 proved that didn’t happen. He better have had an epiphany or next year is going to be rough on all of us, starting with him.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Yes you.
I’ve seen you since way back. There’s an old joke that I thought you’d get. It went past you. No big deal.
But I would still be interested in those beach pitchers this summer. We will be on our mountain property then. We will trade pictures
ill trade pitchers anytime bru.

Jealous about the Mtn Prop. Happy for you.

Ours is still a dream.

Is there a single person left on this board that is okay with keeping Pruitt? I’ve said from the beginning that the assistants we will hire will not be names like Bo Davis so whats the point? How is this team going to improve so drastically with below average hires? Another wasted year..

Is there a single person left on this board that is okay with keeping Pruitt? I’ve said from the beginning that the assistants we will hire will not be names like Bo Davis so whats the point? How is this team going to improve so drastically with below average hires? Another wasted year..
no.

Tennessee Vols: Always a year too late

This is why this feels different this time around. The last couple of rounds, even when the writing was on the wall, we still had enough hope to convince ourselves that doom wasn’t right around the corner. Hell, Butch had big boy wins against Georgia and Florida and multiple bowl wins to convince ourselves that we weren’t staring at a house of cards coming down. Walking out of the Outback Bowl, I was wondering how much it would cost to go to a playoff game the following year.

What do we have now? A pretty good freshman and sophomore class that aren’t getting developed because we can’t keep staff because no one wants to work under Pruitt for very long. We finally have the makings of a really good qb in Bailey and another coming in, but we all fully expect them to f@#$ that up. How much you wanna bet they bring in some grad transfer scrub and use him as JG 2.0 to set Bailey back even further?!

All of us see the writing on the wall. If Pruitt wins 6 games next year, they’ll find another excuse to extend him, and that’s that. Tennessee football shall remain dormant for another generation, and we will keep watching Clemson raid the best talent in the state and win with kids whose parents were Vol fans, while Pruitt turns his nose up at local talent and gets left at the altar over and over again by five stars in AL and GA.

For the first time in a very, very long time, I can’t convince myself we can get past six wins next year.

We asked Fulmer to take the wheel of the ship, and he’s like “That iceberg over there reminds me of ice in Johnny Majors’s whiskey glass, full steam ahead.”

We are keeping him whether we’re okay with it or not. I believe Bo Davis will be the hire

cmon man. its indefensible.
We still have fans that will make every excuse for this team. I don’t understand how you defend getting blow out in every loss and not being competitive and equate that to having to deal with COVID that every team dealt with, but our fans find a way to keep bringing up that poor excuse it’s ridiculous at this point.

Exactly nothing we can do about it. JG is gone so excited to see what we can do knowing #2 isn’t going to trot out.
Gonna be a heck of a battle btw HB, Salter, and a transfer. Offense will be better next year. Better at QB, better at WR, and better at RB. OL will also be better

We are keeping him whether we’re okay with it or not. I believe Bo Davis will be the hire
LSU had two DL that declared they are returning next season that would have been drafted pretty high. They think its because of the impending coaching hire. Davis is an LSU grad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back