Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why this feels different this time around. The last couple of rounds, even when the writing was on the wall, we still had enough hope to convince ourselves that doom wasn’t right around the corner. Hell, Butch had big boy wins against Georgia and Florida and multiple bowl wins to convince ourselves that we weren’t staring at a house of cards coming down. Walking out of the Outback Bowl, I was wondering how much it would cost to go to a playoff game the following year.

What do we have now? A pretty good freshman and sophomore class that aren’t getting developed because we can’t keep staff because no one wants to work under Pruitt for very long. We finally have the makings of a really good qb in Bailey and another coming in, but we all fully expect them to f@#$ that up. How much you wanna bet they bring in some grad transfer scrub and use him as JG 2.0 to set Bailey back even further?!

All of us see the writing on the wall. If Pruitt wins 6 games next year, they’ll find another excuse to extend him, and that’s that. Tennessee football shall remain dormant for another generation, and we will keep watching Clemson raid the best talent in the state and win with kids whose parents were Vol fans, while Pruitt turns his nose up at local talent and gets left at the altar over and over again by five stars in AL and GA.

For the first time in a very, very long time, I can’t convince myself we can get past six wins next year.

We asked Fulmer to take the wheel of the ship, and he’s like “That iceberg over there reminds me of ice in Johnny Majors’s whiskey glass, full steam ahead.”
I truly believe Fulmer wants to be recognized as the last great coach at Tennessee because of how he was fired. The way he has handled this situation makes me think he truly believes that and Tennessee will always be mediocre

I truly believe Fulmer wants to be recognized as the last great coach at Tennessee because of how he was fired. The way he has handled this situation makes me think he truly believes that and Tennessee will always be mediocre

This is an asinine post.

Everything isn’t a conspiracy, people.

Perhaps Fulmer just actually thinks Pruitt can get the job done. Pretty much everyone here disagrees. It’s ok to disagree. Doesn’t mean the other person is attempting to sabotage the program in order to be remembered as the last great coach. You’re losing your grip on reality.

Gonna be a heck of a battle btw HB, Salter, and a transfer. Offense will be better next year. Better at QB, better at WR, and better at RB. OL will also be better
We are losing Trey and Kennedy. How will it be better? And Palmer is gone. Our best WR. I know you are drinking the cool aid but that’s a little presumptuous. QB and RB I agree. But Pruitt is changing his style of offense so it will still struggle.

Reactions: VolByLaw
We still have fans that will make every excuse for this team. I don’t understand how you defend getting blow out in every loss and not being competitive and equate that to having to deal with COVID that every team dealt with, but our fans find a way to keep bringing up that poor excuse it’s ridiculous at this point.
oh i still support Pruitt et al, because I have no choice. I wish them success. I like Jermy. Its a damn shame he hasnt done well.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I’m doing the same. First use of the pit boss
Let me know how that Pit Boss does. I'm looking into purchasing one.
This is why this feels different this time around. The last couple of rounds, even when the writing was on the wall, we still had enough hope to convince ourselves that doom wasn’t right around the corner. Hell, Butch had big boy wins against Georgia and Florida and multiple bowl wins to convince ourselves that we weren’t staring at a house of cards coming down. Walking out of the Outback Bowl, I was wondering how much it would cost to go to a playoff game the following year.

What do we have now? A pretty good freshman and sophomore class that aren’t getting developed because we can’t keep staff because no one wants to work under Pruitt for very long. We finally have the makings of a really good qb in Bailey and another coming in, but we all fully expect them to f@#$ that up. How much you wanna bet they bring in some grad transfer scrub and use him as JG 2.0 to set Bailey back even further?!

All of us see the writing on the wall. If Pruitt wins 6 games next year, they’ll find another excuse to extend him, and that’s that. Tennessee football shall remain dormant for another generation, and we will keep watching Clemson raid the best talent in the state and win with kids whose parents were Vol fans, while Pruitt turns his nose up at local talent and gets left at the altar over and over again by five stars in AL and GA.

For the first time in a very, very long time, I can’t convince myself we can get past six wins next year.

We asked Fulmer to take the wheel of the ship, and he’s like “That iceberg over there reminds me of ice in Johnny Majors’s whiskey glass, full steam ahead.”
This...plus, the staff turnover. There has been no continuity between staff and players. It seems every year, the players are having to learn from a new position coach.

This is an asinine post.

Everything isn’t a conspiracy, people.

Perhaps Fulmer just actually thinks Pruitt can get the job done. Pretty much everyone here disagrees. It’s ok to disagree. Doesn’t mean the other person is attempting to sabotage the program in order to be remembered as the last great coach. You’re losing your grip on reality.
I’m grasping at straws trying to figure out why an AD at the University of Tennessee wants to keep a coach around who went 3-7 in year 3 with every loss being a blow out..because there is no logic behind that unless the end game is being mediocre. If we somehow go 6-6 next year will Fulmer consider that improvement? Because if so I’d say this University is doomed for another 10 years..

Lol! Bass is taking AP’s words for gold and trying to will Pruitt into being a good head coach. Pruitt will be gone by December next year.
We can either whine all year and talk about how much we’re going to suck or hope for the best. I choose the latter. It’s not impossible with improved play at QB to turn this around. 8-4 in 2021 and then a make or break year in 2022.

Lol! Bass is taking AP’s words for gold and trying to will Pruitt into being a good head coach. Pruitt will be gone by December next year.
My prediction is prior to December. Would not be shocked to see multiple OOC losses prior to the standard big 3 blowouts. After all, this is the coach that lost to Ga State and BYU 😟

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebowbear
We are losing Trey and Kennedy. How will it be better? And Palmer is gone. Our best WR. I know you are drinking the cool aid but that’s a little presumptuous. QB and RB I agree. But Pruitt is changing his style of offense so it will still struggle.
Kennedy sucks. Cooper is an upgrade. Mays is coming back and still have Carvin, Wright, and Morris. We’ll have a better OL coach than we’ve had.

palmer was good but JG sucked. Hyatt and Jones are both better than him and will be the top 2. We’ll certainly be more talented and athletic than BJ at the other spot with Wideman, Holiday, or Calloway.

Last edited:
Kennedy sucks. Cooper is an upgrade. Mays is coming back and still have Carvin, Wright, and Morris. Well have a better OL coach than we’ve had.

palmer was good but JG sucked. Hyatt and Jones are both better than him and will be the top 2. We’ll certainly be more talented and athletic than BJ at the other spot with Wideman, Holiday, or Calloway.
Not the Pruitt avi back

One more year and everyone is fired. Logging out for a while. Even some inside the complex have said they doubt they are all here in 2022. Many have said that Pruitt was a stop gap before finding our true coach and making a big hire. I truly believe this to be true and we will finally get it right next year. Go Vols! We will eventually be back and the hard days make the good days a lot better.

That’s why money given is interesting. I can’t see Plowman OKing big boy money on a two year deal with writing on the wall. Plus I think that the candidate pool will leave a lot to be desired. We will have 4 openings at least, a lot of openings.

Which is why it is so ****ing stupid to not just cut ties at this point, surround the program with energy and a functional head coach. Work to build for that 22 class instead of *****ing the bed and losing out.

Reactions: AppStVol
Kennedy sucks. Cooper is an upgrade. Mays is coming back and still have Carvin, Wright, and Morris. Well have a better OL coach than we’ve had.

Is Velus Jones Jr. coming back?

One more year and everyone is fired. Logging out for a while. Even some inside the complex have said they doubt they are all here in 2022. Many have said that Pruitt was a stop gap before finding our true coach and making a big hire. I truly believe this to be true and we will finally get it right next year. Go Vols! We will eventually be back and the hard days make the good days a lot better.
Good news is if it all goes bad Freeze is still there, Napier, Chadwell, and whoever else we want is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back