Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pruitt hires one of these candidates, it shows he really isn't going to change and next season will be bad. If he doesn't hire one of his buddies from Alabama, then maybe there's a chance.
I doubt that he will be able to hire anyone else except some of his cornbread buddies.

Good news is if it all goes bad Freeze is still there, Napier, Chadwell, and whoever else we want is still there.

That’s the only net positive, IMO, with Pruitt back. All of the candidates we would’ve pursued will be available for next year’s carousel. But we will likely have some competition.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We can either whine all year and talk about how much we’re going to suck or hope for the best. I choose the latter. It’s not impossible with improved play at QB to turn this around. 8-4 in 2021 and then a make or break year in 2022.
Man I think with good qb play we might even be able to pull off 9-3. Hopefully we can get a full off-season in too. I'm not sure how much of an impact it had last year but you have to think it would help out having a normal one

Yeah it wasn’t all peaches and cream between him and the fans back then either, hence he coined the term Legions of the Miserable (LOM). I was just giving you some reasons why he deserved a much longer leash than Pruitt does.
And all I'm saying we were wrong about Majors, he ultimately did the hard work it took to bring us back. Look it is right there in black and white, his first 3 years aren't any different from JPs first three...and JP has had just as hard a job of work to totally overhaul the program, if not even harder than Majors did.

People screaming brainlessly at this point that Pruitt is a horrible coach..period...well IMO they may be wrong. He is a lot of the same things Majors was said to be.

I am being slightly hypocritical because I have said it is an almost impossible job for him at this point, and I have not been for retaining him, but after going and actually looking at those numbers again, I have to say I and we all could be wrong.

If he has a year like Majors in year four...he will be fired anyway, but I am hoping we are all wrong. I am pulling for JP to pull this out.

And all I'm saying we were wrong about Majors, he ultimately did the hard work it took to bring us back. Look it is right there in black and white, his first 3 years aren't any different from JPs first three...and JP has had just as hard a job of work to totally overhaul the program, if not even harder than Majors did.

People screaming brainlessly at this point that Pruitt is a horrible coach..period...well IMO they may be wrong. He is a lot of the same things Majors was said to be.

I am being slightly hypocritical because I have said it is an almost impossible job for him at this point, and I have not been for retaining him, but after going and actually looking at those numbers again, I have to say I and we all could be wrong.

If he has a year like Majors in year four...he will be fired anyway, but I am hoping we are all wrong. I am pulling for JP to pull this out.
You may be right im not going to actively not pull for JP and the success of Tennessee but I don’t think fans should show up to games until he proves his worth that’s where im at. Watch it on TV if he beats Florida then start going to games..

If Ole Miss had a shell of a competent defense, they would have won 7-8 games.

LSU, Auburn, and Florida were all shootouts where Ole Miss had no defense.

Regardless, Ole Miss is likely the second best offense in the league second to Bama. They will hang monster points for a few seasons. If they get a defense, they will win a lot of games.

Also Kiffin is a solid coach. People hate the guy but he’s a brilliant offensive coach and will hang mad offensive numbers
Losing 55-45 is still f'n losing. We've had teams like that too in the last ten years..it didn't make Botch or Doofus solid coaches.

I listened to the Cecil Hurt interview yesterday on TB show, and I found it very interesting his perspective on Alabama’s football success. It’ll be paraphrased to shorten.

Hurt basically makes the statement that AL football dominance is half luck and half will. Bear Bryant was a AL guy who just happened to be a generational coach. Saban was a testament to AL will by nothing being a barrier for the program to not do something, and timing of the hire being extremely luck, year earlier or a year later and it doesn’t happen. It starts at state government and goes all the way down to the university. AL will never have excuses.

Now, I apply that to our job, and I see why Pruitt would be extremely frustrated. I’m not making excuses, he’s been a train wreck, but our university admin can’t even get on the same page. He comes from somewhere that the damn state government orchestrates the cheating so they won’t be caught.

It just opened my eyes to the differences in the two programs. I’ve always known they’ve been there, just somebody saying it makes it more real, to me personally.

I’m grasping at straws trying to figure out why an AD at the University of Tennessee wants to keep a coach around who went 3-7 in year 3 with every loss being a blow out..because there is no logic behind that unless the end game is being mediocre. If we somehow go 6-6 next year will Fulmer consider that improvement? Because if so I’d say this University is doomed for another 10 years..
think about Fulmers situation in 08.

Hopefully, we are not this stupid to bring him here. He is a cancer
Yeah, him or Pugh. Pugh had the blackface photos that I remember were discussed on here when it happened. Everyone would use that photo against him in recruiting. Turner would be the worst though.

Man I think with good qb play we might even be able to pull off 9-3. Hopefully we can get a full off-season in too. I'm not sure how much of an impact it had last year but you have to think it would help out having a normal one
It’s very clear that JP did not handle Covid well. That’s not an excuse because that shouldn’t have mattered in week 8, but it clearly affected him and this time

So PF thinks Pruitt is Majors and can do the hard work to prepare for another PF?....I like this better than the he wants to be the last good TN coach theory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back