Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That you Kirby?
It’s my feeling on every bowl game..... you can tell how much it means to kids based on how many bail on them..... a lot of times you have one team fired up to be there and one team hating that they are there...... Go Bearcats!

The NFL found that Turner not only didn't stop the bullying with Jonathan Martin at Miami, but also took part. He also got suspended for sexist jokes at a women's football clinic at A&M.
If he's a bully, bring him on. This team needs to bully the SEC. If he just told a sexist joke, and not bought anything from a hooker, bring him on :eek::eek:.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
All we need is solid QB play to be a mediocre team.

And if you get lucky the QB play is above average and then you can turn your attention to getting the defense fixed and you become a better than average team and win 8 games. Yeah.

This coaching staff messed up the QB situation so bad and spent so many hours and resources on it that they neglected other areas of the team.

I chose Joy and nothing good happened....
Then I thought about it and so did this guy...
Earl.jpg
didn't work out for him.

This new "He's a turd , But he is our turd " mentality is going to take some getting used to.
Just give us a win or wins over Bama, UGA, or Florida. I can forgive a lot for those wins.

Disclaimer: Must not lose to any team less than those.

Majors was very hard on his players and his staff. He would have a harder time now with the soft culture that prevails our society presently. He did have great turnover and still found success. I hope Pruitt finds a way as well. The other issue with Pruitt is he is not a favorite son like Majors. Majors was still a very engaging personality and fans loved him even when he did struggle because he was Johnny Majors and a Tennessee boy in all ways from birth to playing career. Pruitt has NONE of that equity and acts worse when it comes to handling things a coach has to which is off the field. He even has issues with guys he has had relationships with. Pruitt has got to grow up and grow up as a coach and a person quickly.

I do not like him personally and it is very clear and the story has been told before. But, I also have said we NEED him to make it and I would judge him by what happens on the field. I was ok with what seemed to be happening and then this year. After GA State and BYU, it was awful but he turned it around enough for some hope. Then this year regardless of the obstacles, he handled things horribly. Covid had some things to do with it with young players being the bulk of the talent and no S&C and such as has been discussed. However, things not related to Covid, specifically the coaching staff and his management of such is worse than anything I have ever seen. That and on field results correlate as well. He has to show some tremendous progress. It starts with having good coaches as position coaches to develop these guys and for him to let them do their dang job. He needs Tosh and Davis right now as a start to see if he can get recruit the coaches who could help him turn this around.

I still think he should be fired and that won't change but we need him to now turn it around and have success. If not, we may have another 3-5 years to be able to see anything worth a darn anyway. Just be glad we have basketball for now.
This is really pretty much the way I feel. I am afeard that we are screwed no matter what. I just hope we win the coach lottery at some point in whats left of my life.

I think people misunderstand me...I really really doubt Pruitt can fix the mess with this choking cloud of toxicity over him now...but....I hope with everything in me that he does have it in him, because that is truly what is the best for VolNation.

I don't think any of the names we have salivated over the last few weeks are even close to being sure bets to be much if any better than what we've had the last 12 years.

Reactions: RiotVol
It’s my feeling on every bowl game..... you can tell how much it means to kids based on how many bail on them..... a lot of times you have one team fired up to be there and one team hating that they are there...... Go Bearcats!

It’s a weird year. Most haven’t seen families at all and opted to go home. It’s a failure on Georgia’s staff if this stays close. It’s also Kirby and his staffs job to get them up to play.

All we need is solid QB play to be a mediocre team.

And if you get lucky the QB play is above average and then you can turn your attention to getting the defense fixed and you become a better than average team and win 8 games. Yeah.

This coaching staff messed up the QB situation so bad and spent so many hours and resources on it that they neglected other areas of the team.
Yep. Our goal is 8 wins in year 4. That sucks. But, if we find a true answer at QB, you’re looking up for that 2022 season. Pruitt has a chance with HB and Salter. He’ll fix the defense with a full offseason imo

It’s a weird year. Most haven’t seen families at all and opted to go home. It’s a failure on Georgia’s staff if this stays close. It’s also Kirby and his staffs job to get them up to play.
Bowl games are the same every year...... teams like Georgia especially....they play to be in the playoffs period.....!m sure a lot of their players are not excited to be in the peach bowl to play Cincy while Cincy on the other hand..... this is their NC game...... guys sit out every year now..... just more this year due to covid.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back