Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what makes you think "Texas can be so difficult" while you "can see him improving here?"

You think Texas is harder than TN? In schedule? In fan/booster support/expectation? What?

A rule of thumb would be: if you can't excel in a lesser conference, you likely won't even in a harder conference. Is that not logical?
He has a win against Smart’s UGA team.

I’m not sure about anything which is why I’m partially on the Herman train..... about the Texas job, I have just heard that it can be really difficult dealing with everything that you have to do as coach at Texas.
It’s why it took so long for them to move on from Mack Brown. His production was trending down but he was perfect networking and hobnobbing with the big oil dummies. Most perfect fit since Darrel Royal.

Nope. Hes a defensive minded HC who hasn't evolved and probably never will. Champ couldn't, Strong couldn't, there are others as well. Pruitt is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy and that is one of his main issues.

A lot of folks, including UT admin have been chasing Saban, and therefore thinking that a defensive minded HC is the way to go. When, in fact, the opposite is true. Saban is probably the only HC with a background on the defensive side of the ball to have won an NC in the last 15 years, the rest have been offensive minded. Saban is the unicorn. We need to look to play the odds better and hire an offensive minded HC, particularly one that can develops QB’s and a passing game, the rest will come along.

A lot of folks, including UT admin have been chasing Saban, and therefore thinking that a defensive minded HC is the way to go. When, in fact, the opposite is true. Saban is probably the only HC with a background on the defensive side of the ball to win an NC in the last 20 years, the rest have been offensive minded. Saban is the unicorn. We need to look to play the odds better and hire an offensive minded HC, particularly one that can develops QB’s and a passing game, the rest will come along.
Yep. But the other thing is Saban evolved. These other guys haven't. Saban is one of the greats because he could adapt.

How is that familiar? His losses to inadequate competition were close games whereas ours we got blown out...Do you guys even attempt to form a sound argument?
I'm not saying he's as bad as Pruitt but he's of the same cloth.

Texas has recruited well for a long time compared to many teams in the B12 but they haven't been successful against a lot of those teams. Tennessee has recruited well for a long time compared to many SEC teams but we haven't been successful against them.

Would it be better if we were losing by a smaller margin to teams we should beat? It's still a symptom of coaching failure.

Getting fired so yeah. Stay with Saban a couple of years and learn how to run a program more than just being a great OC.
You realize he has a winning record as a HC, right? Geeting fired by Texas because you didn't have them in NC contention after 3 years is not the worst thing that can happen to you...

He's definitely hireable as a HC.

Reactions: JacketVol
Herman got fired because he was losing to teams that he had substantially out recruited, and rarely beat OU who he fields similar talent to.

Its not really a question of whether he's better by winning percentage (you can find several of those) but rather how that equates from Texas to UT in recruiting and schedule.

Its hard to believe he could fail at Texas with those resources and an easier schedule but come here and even equal what got him fired there.

I think this is a reasonable point of view. But Herman won a lot there. We would be pretty pumped in comparison if he had the same record here. And it's feasible. He would have us competing with Florida/UGA. Better coaching record than anybody else in the east. No reason he couldn't build us back to a 7-8 win floor every year. Once we get back there anything can happen.

He also would have a chance to start fresh and change his approach after escaping a possibly toxic environment. Now would he be entering another toxic one here? Maybe. But he also might better know how to get ahead of those problems the second time around. Better to have the experience than thrusting our toxicity on a first time head coach.

This is the type of risk I think we are in the perfect position to take on personally.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm not saying he's as bad as Pruitt but he's of the same cloth.

Texas has recruited well for a long time compared to many teams in the B12 but they haven't been successful against a lot of those teams. Tennessee has recruited well for a long time compared to many SEC teams but we haven't been successful against them.

Would it be better if we were losing by a smaller margin to teams we should beat? It's still a symptom of coaching failure.
Buddy close games are close games basically means those games could have went the other way they just didn’t so hell yes I would trade that for 3-7 and blowout losses what are we arguing about here?

Reactions: 24/7vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back