Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Pruitt is staying and Chaney is as well, he needs to allow Chaney to run a modern offense. Pruitt still needs to clean up the defensive side of the ball/staff too.
I'm hoping the defensive issues wer more youth and COVID. On offense I agree but tbh I dont think Pruitt will. This idiot says he wants run out the clock with 2 min to go before half. That tells me he has no plan to be more aggressive on offense

Reactions: MemphisVol3
Tell his buddy BJ to get in the f@#$ing car, too. Come on up to Rocky Top.
That would definitely be the ideal situation.
Arizona, BJ,Jammie, the corner from Memphis and a QB since this staff is set on taking one. Add Malone as the final recruit and let's see what happens next year.

Herman got fired because he was losing to teams that he had substantially out recruited, and rarely beat OU who he fields similar talent to.

Its not really a question of whether he's better by winning percentage (you can find several of those) but rather how that equates from Texas to UT in recruiting and schedule.

Its hard to believe he could fail at Texas with those resources and an easier schedule but come here and even equal what got him fired there.
Well said. This is the logical take on Tom Herman.

He out recruited much of the B12 but didn't beat the schools he should've. Sound familiar, Vols? Does Kentucky ring a bell?

My question for insiders is does a guy like Herman if interested move the needle? I could see why some would be leary of Freeze or reaches like Napier etc but surely Herman would be a resounding yes

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Fulmer started this mess and now he’s made it much worse.
Yes, he has. Our only hope is for Pruitt to really turn it around. A new offensive line coach that gets results would be nice. We have the players to be a force. IMO, Friend was really a weak link.

Or maybe he has no faith in his offense.... hopefully we can fix that
Pruitt’s statement was, “when there’s 4 minutes left in the half, you’re goal is to run the clock.” It was an ideological statement. He didn’t say it like, “sometimes you just try to get to halftime if your offense is having a rough day.”

Well said. This is the logical take on Tom Herman.

He out recruited much of the B12 but didn't beat the schools he should've. Sound familiar, Vols? Does Kentucky ring a bell?
How is that familiar? His losses to inadequate competition were close games whereas ours we got blown out...Do you guys even attempt to form a sound argument?

Pruitt’s statement was, “when there’s 4 minutes left in the half, you’re goal is to run the clock.” It was an ideological statement. He didn’t say it like, “sometimes you just try to get to halftime if your offense is having a rough day.”
What was the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back