Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what makes you think "Texas can be so difficult" while you "can see him improving here?"

You think Texas is harder than TN? In schedule? In fan/booster support/expectation? What?

A rule of thumb would be: if you can't excel in a lesser conference, you likely won't even in a harder conference. Is that not logical?
I mean he is 2-1 against the SEC. His only loss was a close game vs Lsu. An LSU team that is probably one of the 3 best teams in SEC history... They blew out literally everyone except auburn, Bama and Texas.

Reactions: barrylee
How is that familiar? His losses to inadequate competition were close games whereas ours we got blown out...Do you guys even attempt to form a sound argument?

At worse his talent was equal to OU.
Nobody else in the Big 12 is remotely close.

He lost 7 conference games in the last 2 years with one of the best 2 rosters in his conference.

For a similar comparison, it would be like UGA or Bama losing 7 games in 2 years in the SEC with their talent.
Where the comparison changes is the fact it would be a lot easier to lose 7 games in the SEC by comparison to the Big 12.

The idea isn't whether he's better than Pruitt. The idea is whether he is the guy to move UT back in the top tier with Bama, UGA, LSU, UF and now A&M. There's nothing pointing to the idea that he would.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Buddy close games are close games basically means those games could have went the other way they just didn’t so hell yes I would trade that for 3-7 and blowout losses what are we arguing about here?
Coaching failure.

Tom Herman isn't that good at winning with good recruiting classes vs his peers with lesser recruiting classes in the B12.

What makes you think he'll do better in the SEC against better coaches?

Coaching failure.

Coaching failure.

Tom Herman isn't that good at winning with good recruiting classes vs his peers with lesser recruiting classes in the B12.

What makes you think he'll do better in the SEC against better coaches?

Coaching failure.
Lol explain Pruitt because your idea of coaching failure is not the same as Fulmer’s

No clue. But there are plenty of people who can open their checkbooks. And have not.

Agents know where there is mutual interest and which schools have a ticking clock. Most of these coaches people want this year will be available next year.
If true why wait? The outcome is the same.

Reactions: MrVolton
At worse his talent was equal to OU.
Nobody else in the Big 12 is remotely close.

He lost 7 conference games in the last 2 years with one of the best 2 rosters in his conference.

For a similar comparison, it would be like UGA or Bama losing 7 games in 2 years in the SEC with their talent.
Where the comparison changes is the fact it would be a lot easier to lose 7 games in the SEC by comparison to the Big 12.

The idea isn't whether he's better than Pruitt. The idea is whether he is the guy to move UT back in the top tier with Bama, UGA, LSU, UF and now A&M. There's nothing pointing to the idea that he would.
Did he beat Georgia?

Reactions: Catbone
Man people dissing on Herman. Lol. Please stop watching football. He is fired because Texas has unrealistic expectations of National Championships every year. Herman is a homerun and has a 70% winning percentage. He would absolutely get us competing with the big boys every year. This place is crazy.

Lol explain Pruitt because your idea of coaching failure is not the same as Fulmer’s
Again, I'm not defending Pruitt. Pruitt sucks and is not the guy.

We're talking Tom Herman. He's out of a job at TX BECAUSE he's a good recruiter and a poor coach. The similarlity of what's happened at TX over the Herman years is much like TN....... really good recruiting classes for several years and results that don't match the recruiting. That's on the coaches.

Tom Herman is, at best, a lateral move for UT.

I think this is a reasonable point of view. But Herman won a lot there. We would be pretty pumped in comparison if he had the same record here. And it's feasible. He would have us competing with Florida/UGA. Better coaching record than anybody else in the east. No reason he couldn't build us back to a 7-8 win floor every year. Once we get back there anything can happen.

He also would have a chance to start fresh and change his approach after escaping a possibly toxic environment. Now would he be entering another toxic one here? Maybe. But he also might better know how to get ahead of those problems the second time around. Better to have the experience than thrusting our toxicity on a first time head coach.

This is the type of risk I think we are in the perfect position to take on personally.

I think its reasonable to ask why he would win at UT at the same rate when he's not gonna have the roster advantage he has at Texas with their schedule.

Essentially he would have to coach lesser talented teams to the same amount of wins in a tougher conference.

Again, I'm not defending Pruitt. Pruitt sucks and is not the guy.

We're talking Tom Herman. He's out of a job at TX BECAUSE he's a good recruiter and a poor coach. The similarlity of what's happened at TX over the Herman years is much like TN....... really good recruiting classes for several years and results that don't match the recruiting. That's on the coaches.

Tom Herman is, at best, a lateral move for UT.
He is a great coach. His losses are all by small digits and his teams play hard. He wins a lot more than he loses. I don’t know what you are reading or why you are trying to harp that he isn’t a good coach. He is a good coach and he would do well here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back