Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a reasonable point of view. But Herman won a lot there. We would be pretty pumped in comparison if he had the same record here. And it's feasible. He would have us competing with Florida/UGA. Better coaching record than anybody else in the east. No reason he couldn't build us back to a 7-8 win floor every year. Once we get back there anything can happen.

He also would have a chance to start fresh and change his approach after escaping a possibly toxic environment. Now would he be entering another toxic one here? Maybe. But he also might better know how to get ahead of those problems the second time around. Better to have the experience than thrusting our toxicity on a first time head coach.

This is the type of risk I think we are in the perfect position to take on personally.
This is somewhat valid. I get the "fresh start" idea IF we get rid of Fulmer and most, if not all, of the staff. I DO see potential in the "burn it down" idea.

That's about 15 million to 20 million dollars of risk. We just took about 10 million dollars of risk in 2017 and failed.

I dunno who all these guys are that like to take risks like this but I sometimes have a little poker game at my cabin.......... and suckers are welcome.

You really want to compare a GA team Texas beat that went 11-3 to the one Tennessee beat that went 8-5...
He also beat a USC team that finished 11-2 in his first season.

There's a reason that 1 game dont tell the whole story over a 5 year tenure. No different that UGA.

Texas fans and the naysayers around here said the same stuff about Barnes. A change of scenery helps some experienced coaches. Because of Barnes he would get the open arms treatment here. That goes a long way in jump starting a program. At Texas he was under the gun to win conference championships Day 1. Different deal.

71% wins with a modern O, good recruiting and no scandals. Never out of any game before it starts like we have been for the past dozen years.

Texas does not own the state in recruiting anymore. To get quality talent you have to work at it. He did.
Seems so simple, but it’s Tennessee...we make everything difficult.

So, I heard last week, comparison being made to Mark Stoops with Pruitt. KY gave Stoops time and a it worked out, so we (TN) should give Pruitt the same. Valid comparison? Who would take Stoops over Pruitt today given the opportunity?

Sark turned down Texas because he knows Saban is retiring next week and he will get the Bama job.
Hasn't Texas courted Saban several times before? Wouldn't it be funny if ole Nick told Sark he was retiring yet he made a deal with Texas behind his back 🤣🤣🤣

You watch halftime of the Ole Miss/Indiana game? Seems Joey Galloway agrees with me. You go to Bama playing with nothing but high 4* and 5* it overvalues your stock and you get an even better head coaching job.
Joey Galloway, says it.. Well hell, no way he could be wrong... I guess that settles it... 🙄

Reactions: Skizer41
Do you know how effing obnoxious we would be if we had just beaten a team like Georgia in the sugar bowl? Lol
Yeah, but I'd like it BETTER if Tom Herman had actually MADE Texas back. Saban is one obnoxious interview...... every dang time...... and backs it up more often than not.

Texas didn't.

So, I heard last week, comparison being made to Mark Stoops with Pruitt. KY gave Stoops time and a it worked out, so we (TN) should give Pruitt the same. Valid comparison? Who would take Stoops over Pruitt today given the opportunity?
TN has heavily out recruited UK. Its actually more of an indictment on how bad Pruitt is. Giving a coach time is fine but you have to give the players/admins/boosters/fans a reason to be patient. Losses to GA St and BYU aren't it. Major regression in year 3 aren't it. Having more enemies then friends on campus isn't it. TN is trending down and thats why and where the angst is coming from.

Literally. 32-18. We would kill for that. Don’t know why you are so against him. I guess you love getting blown out every week.

Agreed.

The point I've made is winning those games at Texas with his talent and that schedule doesn't equal winning the same amount of games at UT where he doesn't have a talent advantage and is playing a tougher schedule.

To have a similar comparison you would need to know he was going to recruit as well as Saban and Smart but still lose 3 or 4 conference games a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back