Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

The point I've made is winning those games at Texas with his talent and that schedule doesn't equal winning the same amount of games at UT where he doesn't have a talent advantage and is playing a tougher schedule.

To have a similar comparison you would need to know he was going to recruit as well as Saban and Smart but still lose 3 or 4 conference games a year.
He did beat #9 FSU and #3 Oklahoma when he was coaching Houston. So he has shown the ability to beat good teams that had more talent than he did.

Maybe the only guy he can get.
I’m praying and hoping that when he sold his “plan” to the boosters they said, “ok, show us who you can bring in” and now the boosters are in wait and see mode and won’t commit any money unless he gets some high profile names. If this is the first guy he tries to hire, then maybe they see he was full of it and they pull the trigger.

A lot of folks, including UT admin have been chasing Saban, and therefore thinking that a defensive minded HC is the way to go. When, in fact, the opposite is true. Saban is probably the only HC with a background on the defensive side of the ball to have won an NC in the last 15 years, the rest have been offensive minded. Saban is the unicorn. We need to look to play the odds better and hire an offensive minded HC, particularly one that can develops QB’s and a passing game, the rest will come along.
Chizik off the top of my head...I’ll be back.

Reactions: MrVolton
So, I heard last week, comparison being made to Mark Stoops with Pruitt. KY gave Stoops time and a it worked out, so we (TN) should give Pruitt the same. Valid comparison? Who would take Stoops over Pruitt today given the opportunity?

Just because JG handed them a win against us in Neyland this year doesn't make them good. They won one more game than us this regular season.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
“Out of respect for other college teams still in bowl games and title games, Tennessee will not be interviewing any prospects to better our program” “But we are going to work like heck once all those games are finished”:
Fulmer probably

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back