Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how many more times the football gods are going to look at Tennessee and say “Hey, how many more proven football coaches do we need to let you choose from before you fire that bum you’ve got?”

Considering Knoxville has the highest number of cases per capita in the whole USA, I wouldn't count on spring practice
Well we can’t blame the coaches if they can’t work with the team.... hopefully the vaccine going out will make a difference..... we pushed this back to virus.... that’s our own fault.

So we have now reached the point in Pruitt's tenure that he is hiring as a favor. In case he is one day the has-been position coach that can't keep a job and needs a quick check with a fat buyout. Cool cool cool cool
We haven’t hired anyone

I don’t have confidence in them either but what are you expecting if they are not allowed around the players.
1. They could meet on zoom and go over coverages and the mental aspect of the games.
2. Could still coach players through workouts.
3. Actually coached their freshman instead of whining and crying about contact tracing.
Literally every school in the country had to deal with COVID. Tn fans are just the only one stupid enough to believe its why their team was bad.

1. They could meet on zoom and go over coverages and the mental aspect of the games.
2. Could still coach players through workouts.
3. Actually coached their freshman instead of whining and crying about contact tracing.
Literally every school in the country had to deal with COVID. Tn fans are just the only one stupid enough to believe its why their team was bad.
4.Pruitt canceled practice so they could PROTEST, during a PANDEMIC

This probably won’t be a popular opinion because I also think we should take the best players wherever they are, but...

I think UNC might be the blue print we’re looking for to spring board us back to relevance. Recruit our state hard in this ‘22 class. Put all the eggs in that basket.

Any chance Chaney could go to OL and hire Yurchich as OC? Or at least bring Yurchich in as QB coach?
Not sure this admin wants to spend that kind of money. IMO we will hire a bunch of cheap guys and then just fire all their sorry asses in mid November after looking like an FCS school. Phil steps down and we start from ground zero for the thousandth time. We then hire either McGoogle or an old veteran like we did with Barnes and basketball.

Not sure this admin wants to spend that kind of money. IMO we will hire a bunch of cheap guys and then just fire all their sorry asses in mid November. Phil steps down and we start from ground zero for the thousandth time. We then hire either McGoogle or an old veteran like we did with Barnes and basketball.
Maybe Yurchich will come for cheaper on this contract since he will be getting some of the buyout money from Texas?

This probably won’t be a popular opinion because I also think we should take the best players wherever they are, but...

I think UNC might be the blue print we’re looking for to spring board us back to relevance. Recruit our state hard in this ‘22 class. Put all the eggs in that basket.
Its not. You are 100% correct, another major Pruitt mistake was ignoring the in state talent because he thought he could get the horses from GA and FL.

Oh wait Herman firing means Yurcich is available!

He has now worked with - Gundy, Day, and Herman.

Dude would be an encyclopedia of the best offenses in the game. Pruitt has already interviewed him before, so there is some connect there. Please for god's sake go get him.

Only problem is Gump won’t leave whoever he hires alone. As long as he is micromanaging everything it isn’t going to matter who he hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back