Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that we should take guys from other states that absolutely want to be here. But in state guys usually want to play for pride. This ‘22 class is one of the best instate classes we’ve had in a long time. We need to land as many of them as we can.
What I see besides that is parts of where we are weakest there has been good instate talent that this staff didn't want.
In the 19 class, Hampton, Washington, Anderson, Norton, Patterson, Louge, Knox.
In the 20 classes we did ok, but still had misses on Turner, Tucker, Walker, Rybka
In the 21 class we were just bad, Barningstool, Kollie, Turrentine, Pennigton, Wolfe
There are some big misses in the 18 class as well, but im not going to be as hard about that class because of the firing, search, hiring timeline etc....
But this is just an absurd amount of in state talent that has gone elsewhere.

Oh wait Herman firing means Yurcich is available!

He has now worked with - Gundy, Day, and Herman.

Dude would be an encyclopedia of the best offenses in the game. Pruitt has already interviewed him before, so there is some connect there. Please for god's sake go get him.
Would love to see him and get Shrout back. Yurcich likes to take a lot of deep shots.

Reactions: Devo182
1. Have you done zoom calls in your business? They are definitely no where near as productive as hands on
2. The players were not allowed on campus so they could not monitor workouts directly
3. The covid rules are UT were extreme and other programs.... we constantly had guys isolated(no contact with coaches) that never tested positive for covid...... we had to cancel a few preseason scrimmages bc we didn’t have enough players available to do them..... I want to win more than anyone but I’m also realistic about our expectations for what a coaches can accomplish when the university sets rules that don’t allow them to do their job.... my daughter goes through it at her high school it’s ridiculous... 2 weeks before her first game.... at practice, every player had to have their own ball and wasn’t allowed to touch another ball.... tell me how her team is suppose to get better.
1. Still better than nothing and its a matter of how bad the coaches/ players want to learn. Thats a culture thing which Pruitt has failed to instill.
2. Again that's a culture thing which I say yet again, Pruitt has failed to instill. Players shouldn't need coaches watching over their shoulders and baby sitting them. They should hold each other accountable and want to get better. Thats also a lack of leadership, something else this class has failed to establish.
3. Work with what you have, using COVID as an excuse is pathetic. You don't have to touch a ball to run through plays. You don't have to touch a ball to work on stance, moving your feet etc. You don't have to share a ball to stand in a corner and shoot threes to get your form down. There are plenty of ways to get better, its how bad do you want it. Again its a lazy excuse.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
if you have to ask, no reason in trying to explain it
We had people going back and forth on here on whether they would dark if a change was made..... everyone thought herman was an amazing hire for them a few years ago and here is being fired today....sarks best year was just 5-4 in conference at Washington in five years..... at usc he lost 4 games his first year and 1-2 conference start in year 2 before being fired.

Reactions: OrangenSC
What I see besides that is parts of where we are weakest there has been good instate talent that this staff didn't want.
In the 19 class, Hampton, Washington, Anderson, Norton, Patterson, Louge, Knox.
In the 20 classes we did ok, but still had misses on Turner, Tucker, Walker, Rybka
In the 21 class we were just bad, Barningstool, Kollie, Turrentine, Pennigton, Wolfe
There are some big misses in the 18 class as well, but im not going to be as hard about that class because of the firing, search, hiring timeline etc....
But this is just an absurd amount of in state talent that has gone elsewhere.

20% of a roster if I'm doing my math right.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
1. Have you done zoom calls in your business? They are definitely no where near as productive as hands on
2. The players were not allowed on campus so they could not monitor workouts directly
3. The covid rules are UT were extreme and other programs.... we constantly had guys isolated(no contact with coaches) that never tested positive for covid...... we had to cancel a few preseason scrimmages bc we didn’t have enough players available to do them..... I want to win more than anyone but I’m also realistic about our expectations for what a coaches can accomplish when the university sets rules that don’t allow them to do their job.... my daughter goes through it at her high school it’s ridiculous... 2 weeks before her first game.... at practice, every player had to have their own ball and wasn’t allowed to touch another ball.... tell me how her team is suppose to get better.
Everyone. Had. To. Deal. With. Covid.

Let’s not act like TN was the only team going through a pandemic. GSU and BYU were early signs. This historically bad season should have keyed everyone that Pruitt is in over his head. C’mon man.

How can our boosters watch ALL THESE OTHER COACHES and not get inspired to make a move?

Why are ALL OF THEIR SUGGESTIONS these past few search fiascos so "meh"?

It seems pretty damn simple to me...

Find a winner, hire a winner.

Yet we have to sit here and watch programs that we used to VICIOUSLY SKULL DRAG pick themselves up and rise into, fall out of, and crawl back into relevance (and sometimes prominence) over and over and over and over

WE HAVE BEEN A CORPSE FOR OVER A DECADE. Plenty of winners have come and gone. We continue to struggle. It makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back